Celebrate the Year of the Snake!
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni – NY Chapter (AAAYA-NYC) cordially invites you to our 5th Annual Lunar New Year Banquet to benefit our Community Service Summer Fellowship program.
Saturday, March 9, 2013
6 pm Dim Sum Reception
7 pm Dinner and Award Presentation
Golden Unicorn Restaurant, 18 East Broadway, NYC
Julie Otsuka, YC ’84, National Book Award-nominated author
Robert Leung, LAW ’94, Partner, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
Ken Chen, LAW ’05, Executive Director, Asian American Writers’ Workshop
Cash Bar & Raffle Prizes
Performance by P.S. 124 Yung Wing School Lion Dance Troupe
Early Bird Individual (before February 10) $88
Tables *All tables seat 10
Unicorn Table $1000
Bulldog Table $1250
Dragon Table $2000
Each ticket is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Tickets are non-refundable.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
AAAYA | Association of Asian American Yale Alumni
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) is a volunteer-run, membership based, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides a vehicle for Yale University alumni to promote the civic participation, leadership and service of Asian Americans and Asians at Yale and in the broader society.
We pursue our mission by developing programs on campus and in communities in need through the following types of activities:
- Support diversity and equal opportunity at Yale University
- Strengthen student-alumni programs such as student externships and Life-after-Yale
- Strengthen the leadership role and contributions of Asian American students and alumni at Yale and in society
- Advocate for and support Asian American studies at Yale
- Support student programs such as fellowships, internships, scholarships, prizes & volunteer opportunities
- Support the Yale Asian American Cultural Center and its programs and initiatives
- Support Asian American and other underserved communities through funded internships & other programs
- Help further Yale’s mission and place in the world
- Convene gatherings and conferences addressing issues of interest and concern to Alumni of Asian descent
- Strengthen ties with other Yale alumni groups, faculty and outstanding Asian American Yale alumni