On behalf of the Young Social Entrepreneurs of Canada (YSEC), you are personally invited to our 'A Toast to Social Entrepreneurship' event.
To mark the end of Global Entrepreneurship month, and in celebration of our first successful year as an organization, we are inviting 80 of Toronto's leading social innovators to connect, inspire and celebrate together on November 25th.
What you can expect
Doors open at 6pm when we kick off with our second semi-annual pitch competition. YSEC will award two successful candidates with a $1000 business start up loan that evening. Come and watch the judges decide who will win.
- Tonya Surman (Executive Director, Centre for Social Innovation)
- Peter Deitz (Managing Editor, SocialFinance.ca)
- Mike Edwards (last year's loan recipient, and Director, Preparing the Trail)
- Nogah Kornberg (Executive Director, Young Social Entrepreneurs of Canada)
Following the pitch competition, we invite you to join us for refreshments, some powerful presentations and the opportunity to connect with fellow change makers. You won't want to miss this event.
We have three categories of tickets available for purchase:
Limited $20 for a select number of guests who purchase tickets early.
General $35 for regular admission to the event.
Supporter $50 for special guests who support young changemakers.
Please purchase your ticket today, and enjoy our special event video presentation below.
What your ticket buys you
- Entry to our pitch competition to award two successful candidates with $1000 business loans
- Entry to our party where you will connect with Toronto's leading social innovators and entrepreneurs
- Special speaker presentations by Paul Estey (Co-Founder, Public Inc.) Drew Dudley (Founder, Nuance Leadership) and Theresa Laurico (Executive Director, Love in Action)
- Hors d'oeuvres, one drink ticket and access to our cash bar
- The inside scoop on what's next for YSEC
- For those who purchase Supporter tickets, you will be personally acknowledged and thanked at the event
When & Where
Young Social Entrepreneurs of Canada
We are a restless, impatient, ambitious movement of young Canadians who want to channel our energy to a lifestyle of doing good.
We believe that social entrepreneurship which operates between the social sector and the private sector is the future of change making.
Through our programs and services, we connect, educate, and support extraordinary young adults in creating social enterprises and in making a living by making change.