A Different Girl
Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A Different Girl program is designed to bring girls together to share their uniqueness as a tool for empowerment and greatness.
- Three Educational workshops will be delivered.
- Community Service involvement will be defined.
- Life coaching/mentoring skills will be exchanged.
- Technology /social media/Business exposition (6 vendors).
Three Part series:
Part 1: A day seminar with Workshops and business expo.
Part 2: Life coaching mentoring for community service.
Part 3: A Different girl showcase- through social media and community relations.
When & Where
Our mission is to inspire Latin women to develop their leadership by recognizing their fundamental worth and innate value.
- Educational Opportunities
- Health and Social Services
The organization works to increase networking connections, advance career paths, provide new avenues to expand inbuilt skills, and inspire individuals to use their talents more effectively. DM works to fortify the woman’s role within the family while preserving cultural values and maintaining her independence.
- Mentor-ship programs, women will learn the knowledge and resources to create and manage their own successful business or organizations.
- Human services to disadvantaged populations through the mental health initiative and help them overcome many social issues such as drug and substance abuse, behavioral health, and overall well-being. Latinos are at high risk for a number of mental health issues, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse among the highest concerns.
- Educates Latino families and health care providers about mental health illness to dispel all related stigmas and bridge the gap between rates of occurrence and rates of treatment. Through the organization’s leadership development programs,
- Creates opportunities for Latinas to excel professionally, emotionally, culturally, and spiritually.