A Celebration of Failure - NOLATech Week Marquee Event
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (CDT)
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Six hugely successful entrepreneurs will discuss their most haunting failures. This panel is not just about failing successfully or fail quick, fail cheap. While these are great concepts and central to the mission of 52 Businesses, we want to dig deeper. In discussing their biggest mistakes, panelists will explore their mindset at the time, discuss specific, practical ways they could have avoided failure, and explain how they used what they learned to succeed afterwords. The discourse will be captivating and educational.
Propeller and 52 Businesses with help from Bayou Buzz, etc present this engaging and intriguing discussion followed by a reception. Free drinks and food will be provided. We will be roasting a WHOLE PIG and frying turkeys. There will also be hors d'oeuvres from Chiba Sushi, Good Eggs, and treats from Aunt Sally's Pralines. Beverages provided by Old New Orleans Rum, 21st Amendment Bar, and Alex Ramirez Real Estate Agent. Small discussions, one on one if the attendance level allows, will be encouraged amongst the panelists and attendees. Adriana Lopez, local journalist and Forbes contributor, will moderate. Colin Grussing, local serial entrepreneur and founder of 52Businesses.com, will give a brief introduction.
John Clarke - Tulane University
Professor of Practice and Associate Dean at the Freeman School of Business
- Over 20 years of executive leadership in industry and academia with experience in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Has mentored or advised dozens of entrepreneurs and startups
- Full Bio - http://52businesses.com/nola-tech-week/#JFC
James “Jim” DuBos – Chief Technology Officer, Transformyx
- First CIO for the State of Louisiana
- Produced 400m net equity transaction effecting 115 Louisiana Employees
- Employer and Mentor to over 1000 technology professionals nationally.
- 26 Years as an Information Technology Professional, 22 years as an entrepreneur
- Founded 9 Technology Companies in the following areas: Telecommunications, Infrastructure, Internet Service Provider, E-Learning, Web Services, Geospatial Rendering, and Data Center Operations.
Kerry W. Kirby - 365 Connect
- Local founder and CEO of national tech company in the Real Estate sector
- Has led 365 Connect to win 14 technology awards in recent years
- Advisor and mentor to technology startups in real estate space
Lisa LLoyd - Lloyd Marketing Group
- Licensing and Commercialization Expert
- 30M in revenue from her products
- On Shark Tank where she made a deal with Daymond John
Gerard Ramos - Revelry
- Founder at Unawkward and co-creator of Phoneballs.
- Formerly with Williams-Sonoma.com and Zappos.com
- 2012 Launch Pad Ignition Class
- Equity partern in numerous local and national startups
And a video message from:
Andrew Yang - Venture for America
- Named by White House a "Champion of Change"
- Fast Company's "100 Most Creative People in Business"
Moderated by Adriana Lopez, contributor to Silicon Bayou News, NolaVie, and Forbes.com
Introduction by Colin Grussing, serial entrepreneur and founder of 52Businesses.com
*Please note that registering for a ticket to, A Celebration of Failure, is not the same as obtaining a ticket to Nola Tech Week. Getting your Nola Tech Week ticket will give you priority access into each venue. You can get one here : NolaTechWeek. Thank you for your interest in Nola Tech Week, and 52 Businesses. We look forward to seeing you soon.
When & Where
NOLATech Week is a weeklong, citywide unconference that brings together New Orleans’ food, art, music, urban development, environmental, and education communities - all with a focus on technology.