9th Annual East Passyunk Car Show & Street Festival
Sunday, July 27, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
East Passyunk Avenue is revving up for the 9th Annual Car Show and Street Festival on Sunday, July 27, 2014, from Noon to 5:00pm, on EPA between Broad and Dickinson streets. More than 140 cars, motorcycles and trucks are expected to compete for Best of Show and other top honors. The accompanying street festival will feature live music, circus performances, street vendors, rack sales, kids’ activities and the Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show. Wine and dine among the cars as award-winning restaurants serve street food and summertime drinks at festival prices. Admission is FREE for attendees and $15 for cars. The rain date is Sunday, August 3, 2014. For information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com.
More than 140 muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles will line the five blocks between Broad and Dickinson streets. The fee for participating cars is $15 per vehicle. Registration will take place at Broad and EPA between 8:00am and
1:00pm. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. Trophies will be awarded in dozens of categories, including: Top 50, Best Stock, Best Modified, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best 50’s Custom, Best Street Rod, Best Low Rider, Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, and Best of Show Car and Motorcycle. One winner will also be honored with the title of “People’s Choice” voted on during the show and on social media.
Summary of festivities:
* Live music on every single block of the festival, including bands, solo musicians and DJs.
* Nearly two dozen restaurants and bars will serve street food and summertime beverages. Many items will be specially priced at $5.00 or less.
* Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show at the Fountain – Handmade items from 40 crafters and artists.
* Circus performances and tightrope demos
* Kid Zone with free moon bounce, art classes with Young Rembrandts, face painting, entertainment, storytelling and more.
* Mobile food trucks will bring summertime treats and special flavors.
* Rack sales will offer something for everyone, including men's fashion, women's fashion, antiques, vintage finds and more.
* Street vendors will feature car memorabilia and accessories, jewelry, sunglasses, Italian-themed shirts and hats
The 9th Annual Car Show and Street Festival, formerly known as the Doo Wop, is hosted by the Northeast Muscle Car Club and presented by East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District.
When & Where
Aversa PR | East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to 150 independently owned shops and markets that perfectly balances the best of the old and the new, mixing old world shopping, authentic Italian restaurants, world famous cheese steaks, with trendy boutiques, handmade arts, world-class cuisine and record-breaking events.
Chef-driven restaurants have pushed this once-faded community into the national spotlight. East Passyunk Avenue boasts more than 30 eateries, from authentic traditional Italian restaurants to gastropubs, including four of Philadelphia magazine’s Top 50 Restaurants: Stateside, Le Virtu, Fond and Will. Capogiro Gelato Artisans scoops up National Geographic’s “best ice cream in the world” just down the block from cheese steak global headquarters, where Pat’s and Geno’s still vie to be called the best of this Philly staple.
Anchored by the beautifully restored Singing Fountain, a communal gathering place on Tasker Street, this store-lined commercial corridor hosts events of all shapes and sizes. Annual outdoor favorites include foodie-festival Flavors of the Avenue, the Car Show & Street Festival, Farmers’ Markets and East Passyunk Craft Beer Day.