The 9/11 National Day of Service & Remembrance 5k welcomes runners and walkers of all levels and of all ages. This event is the perfect opportunity for you to personally come out and thank your local veterans, their families, and first responders in an annual, fun, and family friendly environment! All proceeds benefit Operation Enduring Freedom & Operation Iraqi Freedom Student Veterans at JMU.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Participants under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone.
What are my parking options for the event?
Parking is avilable in the C12 lot near Festival.
What can I bring to the event?
Strollers and other accessible are welcome.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Registrations are not transferable.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can bring your confirmation email to the registration tent. However, if you pre-registered by the deadline, we will have your name at check in.
What is the refund policy?
We do not offer refunds because the 9/11 5k is a charitable event benefitting student veterans at James Madison University. We thank you for your donation to this special event.
When & Where
JMU Student Veterans Association
The mission of the JMU SVA is to provide resources, support, and advocacy in a campus community for student veterans, service members, and military family members.
- We support members in their transition to higher education, being actively engaged in the college experience.
- We connect members with on and off campus resources.
- We build a community of student veterans, service members, and military family members at James Madison University.
- We promote awareness of members’ unique educational experience.
- We serve as a voice for the JMU SVA membership.