Be a part of the 2013 Chicago stop of the 90-Second Newbery Film Festival, a national event celebrating the most distinguished award in children's literature by inviting kids and teens to create a video that compresses the story of a Newbery Medal or Honor winning book into just 90 seconds.
Join us for a screening of this year's top videos, hosted by the festival's co-creator, Chicago author James Kennedy (The Order of Odd-Fish), and Chicago Public Library Foundation 21st Century Award winner Blue Balliett, author of Chasing Vermeer and the forthcoming Hold Fast.
For details on how to create and submit your own film, and to see highlights from last year, visit www.90secondnewbery.com.
Important ticketing information: This event is free, however each attendee, regardless of age, will need their own individual ticket. Onece you have completed your ticket order here, you will receive a confirmation email. You must print out the ticket that is attached to that email and bring it with you to the event. That ticket confirms your registration. When you present the ticket at the Library it will be checked against the RSVP list of names and you will be given a numbered entry card which will allow entry into the event space.
- Check-in will start at 1 p.m. in the Grand Lobby on the 1st floor. Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
- Attendees must be present to check-in; it is not possible to check in on behalf of an attendee who has not yet arrived. Only one entry card per person will be provided.
- This event will begin at 2 p.m.
- Seating is limited and the choice of seats within the event space is on a first come, first served basis.
- Seats unclaimed by 1:50 p.m. may be forfeited.
If you are registering a group to attend the event, each person in the group must be registered separately and have an individual ticket confirmation.
If you have any other questions regarding this event, please call (312) 747-4780.