San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A Runner's Circle Running School: Intro to Running
This Intro to Running Course is great for the beginner, new, or novice runner. This program will demystify the world of running including nutrition, what to wear, running lingo, and the psychology of running. You will use intervals to safely and gradually increase your speed and distance over the course of 8 weeks.
This program is perfect for you if you:
- You are currently a walker who wants to advance to running
- New to running and want to learn the basics
- Want to learn how to use interval training to increase your ability to run
- Want support, accountability, and structure in a fun, friendly, and non-judgemental environment
- Want to increase your overall energy
- Want to lose weight and get in shape
- Are tired of watching from the sidelines
- Boost confidence and pride
You will learn:
- The basics of Good Form Running
- The importance of proper fitting shoes
- Injury prevention and how to train safely
- Clothing - What to wear and what not to wear
- Nutrition - What to eat and what not to eat
- Importance of Hydration
- Running lingo
- Pre and post warm-ups and stretches
- And more!
You will get:
- A personalized 8 week training program
- A supportive, encouraging, and fun community
- A sense of pride and accomplishment
- A FREE ARC Running School tech shirt
- 20% off your first pair of running shoes
- 10% off all your ARC purchases while training
Pasadenca Rose Bowl Time and Location:
- Pasadena Rose Bowl
- Thursdays March 27 - May 15th @6:30-8pm
- $99 for 8 Weeks
- $15 Drop In
What you'll need:
- Mandatory watch with intervals (you can buy one at ARC with your discount!)
- Yoga or fitness mat or large towel to sit on
- A light pre or post run snack is recommended
What people are saying about Intro to Running:
“A great Intro to Running with a fantastically positive instructor. A good course for anyone who wants to start running!”
“Before taking the ARC Running School’s Intro to Running training I was struggling with my breathing. By the time I finished I knew the rules of running and proper running form. I felt better, faster, and stronger.”
“I thought I was not a runner and could never be one. On a whim and by a chance meeting with Erika, I jumped in and discovered I’m not only a runner, but now there’s a whole world opening up for me.”
“As a walker, I felt that I would feel “left out” but was comfortable walking my “sexy walk” and pacer, Kat Torres. Before taking the ARC Running School Intro to Running training I could run only in segments because of breathing problems. By the time I finished the training, I felt stronger and able to finish the task! The class helped me feel accountable because I certainly didn’t want to waste time or money. And now I have a better idea and can more easily land mid-foot.”
“Before taking the ARC Running School Intro to Running training I thought I had good running form. By the time I finished training I seriously improved my form and motivation to run.”
*Requirements: You must be at least 18 years old. Have 1-2 months of steady walking experience. You do not need to have any running experience but must be able to start an aerobic walking/running program. If you have any concerns, please consult your health care provider.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Erika at Erika@ARunnersCircle.com or 617-276-7952
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
There are no ID requirements but you must be at least 14 years of age. If student is under 18 years, they must be accompanied by an adult.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is plenty of strett parking at A Runner's Circle and there is a free parking lot across the street.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Please bring an interval watch, water bottle, yoga mat (a fitness mat or large towl will also work), and a good attitude. Though we love pets, please leave them at home.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact Erika at Erika@Arunnerscircle.com or at 617-276-7952
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Unfortunately, your ticket is non-transferrable or refundable.
Can I update my registration information?
Sure. Just log into your account to do so.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you don't.
What is the refund policy?
Unfortunately, no refunds are available.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, its ok if they don't match. You are allowed and encouraged to gift this 8 Week training to your friends and family.
When & Where
Erika Hall builds communities through her joy and passion for yoga, running, and people! She is an active member of the local health and fitness community where she leads A Runner's Circle's Thursday Night Fun Runs, teaches Yoga 4 Runners and Mat Pilates, and works privately with clients to transform their training using running, yoga, and mat pilates. During the day you can find her at A Runner's Circle helping people run easier.
To find out more about Erika Hall and Yoga 4 Runners please check out www.erika-hall.com and www.Yoga4Runners.net