7th Annual Ivy Sports Symposium @ Columbia University
Friday, November 16, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
Hosted by the Columbia University Graduate Program in Sports Management and the 2012 Ivy Sports Symposium Planning Committee.
10 NEXT Class of 2012
SportsPro and the Ivy Symposium are delighted to announce the ten exceptional young sports executives that make up the 10 NEXT Class of 2012. Click here for an online feature.
Click here to view the agenda only.
You can view the Symposium program below.
Click here to view the speakers directory featuring 90+ confirmed speakers including:
• David Abrutyn, Managing Director, Senior Vice President & Global Head, IMG Consulting, IMG Worldwide
• Val Ackerman, Founding President, Women's National Basketball Association, and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University
• Sandy Alderson, General Manager, New York Mets
• Mike Aresco, Commissioner, Big East Conference
• Lisa Baird, Chief Marketing Officer, United States Olympic Committee
• Paul Bamundo, Director, Sports Marketing and Partnerships, Subway
• Jared Bartie, Counsel, Arent Fox
• Sean Barror, Managing Director, Boston, RaptorAccelerator
• Brian Bedol, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Bedrocket Media Ventures
• Jason Belzer, Sports and Entertainment Attorney (10 NEXT Class of 2012)
• Jeff Bennett, Chief Executive Officer, Raptor Sports Properties
• Bob Bowman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Major League Baseball Advanced Media
• Lucien Boyer, President & Global Chief Executive Officer, Havas Sports & Entertainment, and General Commissioner, Global Sports Forum Barcelona
• Andrew Brandt, NFL Business Analyst, ESPN
• John Brody, President, Partnership and Business Development, Wasserman Media Group
• Greg Brown, President & Chief Executive Officer, Learfield Communications
• Anthony Caponiti, Partner, Activ8Social
• Paul Carr, Senior Researcher, ESPN Stats & Information, ESPN
• Kathy Carter, President, Soccer United Marketing
• Gregg Clifton, Partner, Jackson Lewis
• Steve Cobb, Partner, Activ8Social
• Brian Corcoran, President & Owner, Shamrock Sports & Entertainment
• Rick Cordella, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Digital Media, NBC Sports Group, NBCUniversal Media
• Alexandra Chalat, Executive Director, Beyond Sport, and Head, Social Innovation, Benchmark Sport International (10 NEXT Class of 2012)
• Simon Cummins, Managing Partner, International Sports Practice, Odgers Berndtson
• David Cushnan, Editor-in-Chief, SportsPro, SportsPro Media
• George Daniel, Commissioner, National Lacrosse League
• Will Dean, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Tough Mudder
• James DeLorenzo, Vice President & General Manager, SI.com, Sports Illustrated
• James Dennis, Managing Director, Opta US, Opta
• Greg Economou, Executive Vice President, Corporate Sales and Solutions, The Madison Square Garden Company
• David Falk, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Falk Associates Management Enterprises
• Amadou Fall, Vice President, Development in Africa, National Basketball Association
• Jim Fiore, Director of Athletics, Stony Brook University
• Jonathan First, President, USA Sevens
• Jeff Fluhr, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Spreecast
• Barry Frank, Executive Vice President, IMG Media, IMG Worldwide
• Marc Ganis, President, SportsCorp
• Stuart Goldfarb, Partner & Chair, Sports Practice Group, Dorsey & Whitney
• Rich Gotham, Team President, Boston Celtics
• Jürgen Griesbeck, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, streetfootballworld
• Ted Gumbart, Commissioner, Atlantic Sun Conference
• Derrick Hall, President & Chief Executive Officer, Arizona Diamondbacks
• Mary Harvey, Principal, Ripple Effect Consulting, and Former Director, Development, FIFA
• Robb Heineman, President, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Owner, Sporting Kansas City
• Leo Hindery, Managing Partner, InterMedia Partners
• Adam Kanner, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, ScoreBig
• Ray Katz, Managing Partner, Source1 Sports
• Nick Keller, Founder, Beyond Sport
• Paul Kelly, Partner, Jackson Lewis
• Billy King, General Manager, Brooklyn Nets
• Christopher Lencheski, President, Front Row Marketing Services & Front Row Analytics, A Division of Comcast-Spectacor
• Monica Lewis, Sports and Entertainment Publicist (10 NEXT Class of 2011)
• Greg Luckman, Global Head, Consulting, CAA Sports
• Peter Luukko, President & Chief Operating Officer, Comcast-Spectacor, and Chairman, Global Spectrum
• Jimmy Lynn, Managing Partner, JLynn Associates, and Managing Partner, Human Equity
• Matthew Marolda, Chairman, StratBridge, and Executive Vice President, Analytics, XOS Digital
• Scott McCune, Vice President, Global Partnerships and Experiential Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
• Jim McCloud, Director, Sponsorship Sales, Major League Baseball Advanced Media (10 NEXT Class of 2011)
• Nigel Melville, Chief Executive Officer & President, Rugby Operations, USA Rugby
• Scott Milleisen, Managing Director & Head, Sports Finance Group, J.P. Morgan Chase
• Peter Moore, Chief Operating Officer, Electronic Arts
• Bernie Mullin, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Aspire Group
• M. Dianne Murphy, Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education, Columbia University in the City of New York
• Lisa Murray, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Octagon
• Michael Neuman, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment, a Division of Horizon Media
• David Oestreicher, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Manhattan Sports Business Academy (10 NEXT Class of 2011)
• Justin Paige, Managing Director, Celerity JPA, Celerity Group
• Mark Pannes, Chief Executive Officer, AS Roma, and Managing Director, Austin, Raptor Accelerator
• Doug Perlman, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Sports Media Advisors
• Neal Pilson, President, Pilson Communications
• David Preschlack, Executive Vice President, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, Disney and ESPN Media Networks Group
• Michael Principe, Chief Executive Officer, The Legacy Agency, TLA Worldwide
• Tom Richardson, Founder & President, Convergence Sports & Media
• Leon Rose, Head, Basketball, CAA Sports
• Lon Rosen, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Los Angeles Dodgers
• Mark Rothenberg, Senior Vice President, Havas Sports & Entertainment, N.A.
• Nick Sakiewicz, Chief Executive Officer & Operating Partner, Philadelphia Union
• Bill Sanders, Chief Marketing Officer, BDA Sports Management
• Aaron Schatz, Editor-in-Chief, Football Outsiders
• Jared Schoenfeld, Director, Corporate Hospitality Sales, The Madison Square Garden Company (10 NEXT Class of 2011)
• Amory Schwartz, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, SA Sports Media
• Daniel Shanoff, Founder, Quickish Media, and Director, Audience Development, USA TODAY Sports Media Group, Gannett Company
• Kenneth Shropshire, Special Counsel, Duane Morris, and Director, Wharton Sports Business Initiative, University of Pennsylvania
• Jimmy Small, Manager, Industry Marketing, NASCAR (10 NEXT Class of 2012)
• Rick Spielman, General Manager, Minnesota Vikings
• Bill Squadron, President, Bloomberg Sports
• Lee Stacey, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Front Row Marketing Services & Front Row Analytics, a Division of Comcast-Spectacor
• Ryan Steelberg, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Brand Affinity Technologies
• Mori Taheripour, Senior Advisor, Sports for Development, United States Agency for International Development
• Robert Tilliss, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Inner Circle Sports
• Tyler Tumminia, Senior Vice President, The Goldklang Group
• Heidi Ueberroth, President, NBA International, National Basketball Association
• Greg Via, Global Director, Sports Marketing, Gillette, Proctor & Gamble
• Circe Wallace, Senior Vice President, Action Sports, Wasserman Media Group
• Dan Weinberg, Director, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing & Head, Global Sales, Tough Mudder (10 NEXT Class of 2012)
• Mark Whitaker, Partner, DLA Piper
• Michael Zavodsky, Senior Vice President, Corporate Sponsorships, Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (10 NEXT Class of 2012)
• Andrew Zimbalist, Robert A. Woods Professor of Economics, Smith College
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Symposium updates. Use the hashtag #iss2012.
Join the conversation! You can submit panel questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via hashtag #iss2012q.
Official Sponsors include Dorsey & Whitney, Jackson Lewis and Repucom International.
Premier Partners include the Global Sports Forum Barcelona, Odgers Berndtson, SEEDS and SportsPro.
Associate Partners include Fantapper, LatinVision Media, the Sports Financial Advisors Association and Yorn.
Copyright © 2012 Sports Symposium. All rights reserved. The Ivy Sports Symposium is a part of the Ivy Sports Business Network. The Symposium is not affiliated with The Ivy League or the Council of Ivy Group Presidents.
Note: All cancellations received on or before November 9, 2012 (one week prior to the Symposium) will be subject to a $20 administrative charge. No refunds for cancellations will be made after this date.
The Ivy Sports Symposium is an annual student-run conference that is considered one of the global sports industry’s premier events. The Symposium enables the industry’s leaders and most successful executives to share invaluable knowledge with their peers and potential successors. The event rotates being held among Ivy League institutions.
The 8th annual Ivy Sports Symposium will be held at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, MA on Friday, November 22, 2013. The 2012 Ivy Sports Symposium was held at Columbia University.
Established in 2006 by Chris Chaney at Princeton University, the Ivy Sports Symposium is a non-profit organization that sets the standard for college-based sports business conferences. The intimate setting combined with engaging content and dynamic speakers make it a “must attend” event every year. In 2011, the Symposium established two initiatives furthering its commitment to the development and promotion of young leaders in the industry.
The Ivy Sports Symposium Fellowship Program provides motivated college students with the unique opportunity to actively contribute to the continued success of the Symposium organization. Fellows work directly with the Executive Director to define, articulate and execute strategies aimed at achieving the organization’s vision.
In addition, the Symposium has partnered with SportsPro to launch the 10 NEXT, an annual award honoring the future generation of sports industry leaders from around the world who will shape the business in the coming decades. Each year, the 10 NEXT winners are recognized at the Symposium.
Copyright © 2013 Sports Symposium. All rights reserved. The Ivy Sports Symposium is a part of the Ivy Sports Business Network. The Symposium is not affiliated with The Ivy League or the Council of Ivy Group Presidents.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.