6th Annual Ivy Sports Symposium @ Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Friday, November 18, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM (EST)
Philadelphia, United States
Please find the full Symposium program below. Click here to view and download the agenda only.
Note that there are changes to the agenda that will not be reflected in the printed version of the program. Click here to view them.
Click here to view the 2011 Symposium speakers directory featuring 80+ executives including:
• Alexander Brown, President, Sports, Univision Communications, Inc.
• Alexander Mogilyansky, International Grandmaster, International Draughts, and Spokesperson, International Mind Sports Association
• Andrew Brandt, NFL Business Analyst, ESPN, Inc., and Lecturer, Legal Studies and Business Ethics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Angelo Scialfa III, President, Fox Run Group, LLC
• Barry Frank (Harvard MBA ’57), Executive Vice President, IMG Media, IMG Worldwide, Inc.
• Anthony Caponiti, Partner, Activ8Social
• Barry Kahn (Cornell ’03), Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Qcue
• Ben Sturner, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Leverage Agency
• Bernie Mullin, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Aspire Group
• Bill Schlough (Penn MBA ’98), Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer, San Francisco Giants, and Interim President, San Jose Giants
• Brendan Tuohey, Co-Founder & Executive Director, PeacePlayers International
• Carolyn Schlie Femovich, Executive Director, Patriot League
• Charles Baker (Cornell JD ’85), Partner, DLA Piper LLP
• Chris Flannery, President, Sports, Entertainment & Lifestyle Advisory
• Chris Overholt, Chief Executive Officer & Secretary General, Canadian Olympic Committee
• Christopher Cabott, Sports Attorney, Professor & Agent
• Christopher Lencheski, President, Front Row Marketing Services
• Christopher Russo (Harvard MBA ’90), Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Big Lead Sports
• Darryl Seibel, Director of Communications, British Olympic Association
• David Feher, Partner, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
• David Gross, Commissioner, Major League Lacrosse
• David Katz (Penn ’94), Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Sports Media Ventures, Inc.
• David Sternberg (Princeton ’90), Chief Executive Officer, Universal Sports
• Dennis Robinson (Harvard MBA ’90), President & Chief Executive Officer, New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority
• Derek Eiler, Senior Vice President, IMG College, IMG Worldwide, Inc.
• Derrick Hall, President & Chief Executive Officer, Arizona Diamondbacks (honorary)
• Derrick Heggans, Managing Director, Wharton Sports Business Initiative, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Des Hague, President & Chief Executive Officer, Centerplate
• Donald Lockerbie, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Olympvs International, LLC
• Doug Perlman, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Sports Media Advisors, LLC
• Eric Dienes, Liaison Officer, Office on Sport for Development and Peace, United Nations
• Eugene Parker, Founder & Partner, Maximum Sports Management
• George Atallah, Assistant Executive Director, External Affairs, National Football League Players Association
• Greg Shaheen, Interim Executive Vice President, Championships and Alliances, National Collegiate Athletic Association
• Gregg Clifton (Harvard ’82), Partner, Jackson Lewis LLP
• Hal Biagas, Executive Vice President, Management, Wasserman Media Group, LLC
• Jack Brewer, Founder & Executive Director, The Jack Brewer Foundation
• Jennifer Storms, Senior Vice President, Global Sports Marketing, PepsiCo
• Jerry Anderson, Senior Principal, Populous
• Jim Fiore, Director of Athletics, Stony Brook University
• Jim Scherr, Chief Executive Officer, 776 Original Marketing, and Former Chief Executive Officer, United States Olympic Committee
• Joe Favorito, Strategic Communications, Marketing & Branding Consultant
• John Brody, Principal, Partnership and Business Development, Wasserman Media Group, LLC
• John Genzale (Columbia MS ’75), Owner, Milano United, and and Founding Editor, SportsBusiness Journal, Street & Smith’s Sports Group
• Joseph Ravitch (Yale JD ’88), Partner, The Raine Group
• Kathleen Behrens, Executive Vice President, Social Responsibility and Player Programs, National Basketball Association
• Kenneth Shropshire (Columbia JD ’80), David W. Hauck Professor; Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics, and Faculty Director, Wharton Sports Business Initiative, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Kevin McNulty, Chief Marketing Officer, Momentum Worldwide, and Co-Chairman, Momentum Sports
• Len Perna, Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer, Turnkey Sports & Entertainment
• Leon Rose, Head, Basketball, CAA Sports
• Lon Rosen, Executive Vice President, Magic Johnson Enterprises
• Lucien Boyer, President & Chief Executive Officer, Havas Sports & Entertainment
• Mark Dyer, Senior Vice President & Chief Innovation Officer, IMG College, IMG Worldwide, Inc.
• Mark Lamping, President & Chief Executive Officer, MetLife Stadium
• Mark Pannes, Co-Managing Director & Principal, RaptorAccelerator
• Mark Rothenberg, Senior Vice President, Havas Sports & Entertainment, US
• Mark Waller, Chief Marketing Officer, National Football League
• Mary O’Connor, Vice President, Olympic Marketing & Global Platforms, The Marketing Arm
• Michael Brown, Vice President, Director of Global Business Development, IMG Consulting, IMG Worldwide, Inc.
• Michael Copeland, Chief Operating Officer, Canadian Football League
• Michael Neuman, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment
• Mori Taheripour (Columbia ’92, Penn MBA ’03), Senior Advisor, Sport for Development, USAID
• Pat McQuaid, President, Union Cycliste Internationale
• Paul Barber, Chief Executive Officer, Vancouver Whitecaps FC
• Paul Kelly, Executive Director, College Hockey, Inc.
• Peter Carlisle, Managing Director, Olympics and Action Sports, Octagon
• Peter Englehart (Harvard MBA ’88), President & Chief Executive Officer, Competitor Group, Inc.
• Peter Stern, Founder & President, STRATEGIC
• Raymond Bednar (Harvard MBA ’91), President, Hyperion Marketing Returns – Rockefeller Consulting
• Raymond Peterson, President, American Rugby Management Group LLC
• Rick Burton, David B. Falk Professor of Sport Management, Syracuse University, and Former Commissioner, National Basketball League (Australasia)
• Robin Harris, Executive Director, The Ivy League
• Ryan Donovan (Dartmouth ’96), Vice President, Marketing, NBC Sports Group
• Ryan Steelberg, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Brand Affinity Technologies
• Scott O’Neil (Harvard MBA ’98), President, MSG Sports, The Madison Square Garden Company
• Scott Rosner (Penn JD ’97), Practice Assistant Professor, Legal Studies and Business Ethics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Sean Barror, Co-Managing Director, RaptorAccelerator
• Steve Hellmuth (Princeton ’75), Executive Vice President, Operations and Technology, NBA Entertainment
• Terry Lefton, Editor-at-Large, SportsBusiness Daily, and Reporter, SportsBusiness Journal, Street & Smith’s Sports Group
• Tim McDermott (Cornell ’95, Harvard MBA ’01), Chief Marketing Officer, Philadelphia Eagles
• Todd Goldstein, President, AEG Global Partnerships, AEG
• Tom Crawford, Chief Executive Officer, USA Ultimate
In 2011, the Ivy Sports Symposium, in partnership with SportsPro, founded the 10 NEXT. This annual award honors the future generation of sports industry leaders from around the world who will shape the business in the next coming decades. Each year, the 10 NEXT winners will be recognized at the Symposium. Click here to read more about the inaugural 10 NEXT class.
Sponsored by Bon Appétit Catering at Penn, the Columbia University Graduate Program in Sports Management, Jackson Lewis LLP, the Manhattan Sports Business Academy, the Penn Year of Games, the University of Pennsylvania Social Planning and Events Committee, and the Wasserman Foundation.
Partners include the Global Sports Forum Barcelona, the Ivy Sports Collaborative, Odgers Berndtson, Penn Athletics/The Penn Relays, and SportsPro.
Hosted by the University of Pennsylvania’s Undergraduate Sports Business Club, the Wharton Sports Business Initiative, and the 2011 Ivy Sports Symposium Planning Committee.
Copyright © 2011 Ivy Sports Symposium. All rights reserved. The Ivy Sports Symposium is a part of the Ivy Sports Business Network. The Symposium is not affiliated with The Ivy League or the Council of Ivy Group Presidents.
Note: All cancellations received on or before November 11, 2011 will be subject to a $15 administrative charge for student registrations and $50 administrative charge for non-student registrations. No refund for cancellations will be made after this date.
The Ivy Sports Symposium is an annual student-run conference that is considered one of the global sports industry’s premier events. The Symposium enables the industry’s leaders and most successful executives to share invaluable knowledge with their peers and potential successors. The event rotates being held among Ivy League institutions.
The 8th annual Ivy Sports Symposium will be held at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, MA on Friday, November 22, 2013. The 2012 Ivy Sports Symposium was held at Columbia University.
Established in 2006 by Chris Chaney at Princeton University, the Ivy Sports Symposium is a non-profit organization that sets the standard for college-based sports business conferences. The intimate setting combined with engaging content and dynamic speakers make it a “must attend” event every year. In 2011, the Symposium established two initiatives furthering its commitment to the development and promotion of young leaders in the industry.
The Ivy Sports Symposium Fellowship Program provides motivated college students with the unique opportunity to actively contribute to the continued success of the Symposium organization. Fellows work directly with the Executive Director to define, articulate and execute strategies aimed at achieving the organization’s vision.
In addition, the Symposium has partnered with SportsPro to launch the 10 NEXT, an annual award honoring the future generation of sports industry leaders from around the world who will shape the business in the coming decades. Each year, the 10 NEXT winners are recognized at the Symposium.
Copyright © 2013 Sports Symposium. All rights reserved. The Ivy Sports Symposium is a part of the Ivy Sports Business Network. The Symposium is not affiliated with The Ivy League or the Council of Ivy Group Presidents.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.