6th Annual Babson Energy & Environmental Conference – 2012
Energy, Environment, & Entrepreneurship:
Challenging Assumptions, Changing Perceptions
Join us on March 30th, 2012 for the 6th annual Babson Energy and Environmental Conference. During this day-long event we will address the real challenges and the exciting opportunities in energy, alternative transportation, sustainable development, and several other topics within the energy and environmental space.
This year’s theme is “Energy, Environment & Entrepreneurship: Challenging Assumptions, Changing Perceptions.” Come help us ask tough questions about the direction of green innovation and what issues entrepreneurs face in the green space.
With a strong list of speakers, the day is guaranteed to be enlightening and fun!
Some of our Exciting Speakers:
- Ian Bowles – Former Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Managing Director, Rhumb Line Energy LLC
- Mark Rodgers - Director of Communications, Cape Wind
- Tahmid Mizan, Senior Technology Planning Advisor, ExxonMobil Corporation
Exciting Panels Include:
The Reality of Electric Vehicles
Sponsored by Toyota
- Craig Scott - Manager of Advanced Technologies, Toyota
- Lynnette McIntire - Director of Sustainability, UPS
- Stephen B. Russell - Alternative Transportation Program Coordinator, Massachusetts DOER
- Tod Hynes - Founder and President, XL Hybrids
- Moderator: Marty Anderson – Senior Lecturer, Technology, Operations, and Information Management, Babson College
Water in the Developing World: Harsh Reality and Inspiring Innovations
- Kazunari Yoshimura – Representative, Global Water Japan
- Peter Cleary - Communications and Public Relations Director, Vestergaard Frandsen
- Marieme Lo – Professor, University of Toronto
- Tom Joseph - Founder & CTO, Epiphany Solar Water Systems
- Moderator: Rachel O’Brien – Associate Professor & Chair of Geology Department, Allegheny College
Future of Financing for Renewable Energy Projects
- Michael Kuhn - Vice President Corporate Lending, Cambridge Savings Bank
- Jim Goldenberg – Principal, Cathartes Private Investments
- Michael Ruehlman – Co-Founder, BrightGrid, Inc.
- Moderator: Sander Cohan – Principal, ESAI Energy, LLC
Environmental Awareness in Developing Countries
- Christopher Poirier – President & CEO, CoalTek
- Bilal Zuberi – Principal, General Catalyst
- Enrique Gomez-Junco – President & CEO, Optima Energia
- Rob Pratt - Chairman & CEO, GreenerU
- Moderator: Edward Cunningham – Associate Professor of Energy, Boston University
Food Packaging: Cost vs. the Environment
Sponsored by LBD Produce
- Wood Turner – Vice President, Sustainability Innovation, Stonyfield
- Nikias Stefanakis – Head of Business Development, Terracycle
- Cait Simmons – Director of Marketing, boloco
- Kavita Shukla - Founder, Fenugreen
- Moderator: Victor Bell – President, Environmental Packaging International
Challenges and Opportunities in Green Buildings
Sponsored by TACO
- Brian Salazar – President, Entegra Development & Investment
- Vicki Quiram - Director, Westwood Public Works
- Barbra Batshalom – Founder & Executive Director, Green Roundtable Inc.
- Rich Medairos – Vice President, RDK Engineers
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to learn about key issues driving the cleantech and environmental space while addressing relevant issues to entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and practitioners. Further, attendees will have the opportunity to network with approximately 500 students and industry professionals.
Have questions about 6th Annual Babson Energy & Environmental Conference?
Contact Babson Energy & Environment Club