2015 Trade Conference: Contemporary Issues in eCommerce
- Business & Professional
- Irvine Auditorium, Monterey CA
Do-ha…Who is Laughing? The Future of Global Governance (1:15-2:30pm)
· Different perspectives on concluding the Doha Development Round
· Conclusion worse for development?
· Current global trends in economics, foreign policy, and negotiations.
The Lesser Known Side of Climate Change: Climate Risk and its impact on Multi-National Corporations (2:30-3:45pm)
· Is addressing climate change good for business? Are there potential financial opportunities to incorporating environmental concerns into business models?
· Have MNCs been helping or hampering the global climate change agenda?
· How are MNC's changing their everyday practices and long term strategies to deal with climate risk?
Political, Social & Economic Upheaval - Implications for the Future of Global Integration (4:00-5:30pm)
· What spillovers can we expect from the Eurozone crisis into other economies?
· Will economic stability proceed political stability in the regions?
· Will there be a significant shift in Trade Policy given the new governments and leaders in the Middle East?
For more information about our club please visit our webpage.
Description: The MIIS International Trade Club (MITC) is a professional development organization dedicated to raising awareness of how international trade affects public policy and business.
Statement of Purpose: Through conferences, brown bag lunches, and informal forums, the club provides opportunities for students, faculty, community, and professionals to discuss issues not covered in the classroom.
For more information on our club and activities please visit our blog at: http://blogs.miis.edu/tradeclub/
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.