5th Annual Spring Trade & Development Conference: Global Integration and the Future of Development
Saturday, March 3, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PST)
Do-ha…Who is Laughing? The Future of Global Governance (1:15-2:30pm)
· Different perspectives on concluding the Doha Development Round
· Conclusion worse for development?
· Current global trends in economics, foreign policy, and negotiations.
The Lesser Known Side of Climate Change: Climate Risk and its impact on Multi-National Corporations (2:30-3:45pm)
· Is addressing climate change good for business? Are there potential financial opportunities to incorporating environmental concerns into business models?
· Have MNCs been helping or hampering the global climate change agenda?
· How are MNC's changing their everyday practices and long term strategies to deal with climate risk?
Political, Social & Economic Upheaval - Implications for the Future of Global Integration (4:00-5:30pm)
· What spillovers can we expect from the Eurozone crisis into other economies?
· Will economic stability proceed political stability in the regions?
· Will there be a significant shift in Trade Policy given the new governments and leaders in the Middle East?
For more information about our club please visit our webpage.
When & Where
Monterey Institute International Trade Club
Description: The MIIS International Trade Club (MITC) is both a service organization dedicated to raising community awareness of how international trade affects all aspects of public policy, and a professional development club aimed to increase the employability of students in the trade program.
Statement of Purpose: Through conferences, brown bag lunches, and informal forums, the club provides opportunities for students and faculty to discuss issues not covered in the classroom in order to increase the knowledge and understanding of current trade-related affairs on campus and in the broader community.
For more information on our club and activities please visit our blog at: http://blogs.miis.edu/tradeclub/