HEAT UP THE STREETS WITH THE 610 STOMPERS
5th Annual 610 Stompers Ball Crawl: Saved By the Ball
Call Principal Belding, it's happening again! The 610 Stompers are hot steppin’ it on Saturday, June 7th for their 5th Annual Ball Crawl, appropriately titled, “Saved By the Ball” and you’re invited! Nobody to hold you back from breakin’ it down with the Ordinary Men with Extraordinary Moves!
Always a good cause and a great time, the 610 Stompers bring their extraordinary moves to the masses once again in the Uptown area and include some bars that Zack, Screech, Kelly would have most definitely frequented in their college years. We'll have contests with coveted prizes and good times that you won’t easily forget while rockin’ your best Saved by the Bell themed costumes . We’re talking Screech wigs, Z Cavariccis like Slater, leg warmers, throwback tank tops and (if you’re blessed with the ability to grow one) full mustaches!
Come learn the DANCE MOVES then DANCE the MOVES that premiered at our Annual Sweet 610 Debutante Ball: 610 Candles before we embark on our journey under the oaks. Our Ball Crawl line-up includes The Kingpin, Grit’s Bar, F&M’s, Fat Harry’s, Superior Seafood and Le Bon Temps (in no particular order).
...And if having an epic time with the 610 Stompers and scoring some sweet swag isn’t enough, we’re donating the proceeds to an incredible charity - Animal Rescue New Orleans! Check out all of their amazing work at http://www.animalrescueneworleans.org/
- You can register online and purchase tickets by June 6th. Early registration, before June 1st, is the ONLY way to guarantee you a FULL bag o' swag.
- You must be over 21, sign a waiver, and be registered to participate. We welcome men, women, and extraterrestrials.
- For the procrastinators, you can register and purchase tickets for $40 on the day of the event from 1 to 3 pm at the Ball Crawl starting point across from Grit’s Bar. However, you won’t be guaranteed as much swag and you will pay more.
- Sorry NO REFUNDS, rain or shine or otherwise. It's a charitable event!
- June 4th - Wednesday at the Square from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- June 5th - Fat Harry's from 5:30 to 8:30 PM
- June 6th - Le Bon Temps from 5:30 to 8:30 PM
When & Where
Mardi Gras. Jazz. Voodoo. The Saints. Just a few of the venerable and unique institutions the great City of New Orleans has given to the world. Now, from the cultural epicenter of America, come the city’s newest icons – the 610 Stompers.
Conceived on a simple premise – that Ordinary Men could and should entertain the world with Extraordinary Moves – the 610 Stompers were born in the summer of 2009, just as our beloved Saints began their march to the Superbowl. As fate would have it, the Stompers were baptized in the twin crucibles of the now famous “Buddy D” parade and the “Lombardi Gras” Superbowl Parade – our first two public performances.
From there we have gone on to perform in Mardi Gras parades, at Hornets games, on local television and radio, and we’ve lent a hand to many charitable organizations in their fundraising efforts. We’ve even danced on the “Tonight Show”.
It’s been an unforgettable ride, but our best is yet to come.
The 610 Stompers is a diverse group of ordinary men, from their 20s to their 60s. We are doctors, lawyers, professionals, laborers, students, teachers, and parents. We are different but we’re the same, and we’re brought together by our ongoing desire to entertain the world with our “Extraordinary Moves”, and in doing so, give back to the community that we love.