3rd Annual Venture Capital & Entrepreneurship Summit
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM (EDT)
Cambridge, United States
We are pleased to invite you to the Hult Venture Capital & Entrepreneurship Summit: "How Global Business Will Change the World". The aim of this event is to bring together professionals and students so they may interact, share and understand the current trends in the exciting arena of investment and entrepreneurship. During this event you will hear examples of both success and challenges in financing ideas that change the way we all live.
Hult Entrepreneurship & Innovation Club | Hult Finance Club | Hult European Business Club
Date: Tuesday, 9 April 2013
12 noon - 12.30pm: Registration
12.30pm - 4.30pm: Keynote presentation and panel discussions
*12.30pm -1.15pm: Keynote
* 1.30pm - 2.20pm: Panel 1
* 2.30pm - 3.20pm: Panel 2
* 3.30pm - 4.20pm: Panel 3
4.30pm - 7pm: Networking and startup spotlight
Event hashtag: #VCESummit
Keynote speaker: Johnny Monsarrat
Johnny Monsarrat's first company sold for $160 million. He was founder and CEO of Turbine, Inc., which got talent scouted by Microsoft and bought by Warner Brothers. Turbine pioneered online videogames with Lord of the Rings Online, and Dungeons & Dragons Online. Now his new company, Hard Data Factory, is building the world’s largest calendar of arts events like concerts and festivals. It is based in the Boston Globe building and already powers their entrepreneur calendar.
He's got a lot to say about how to match your ideas to VIP customers with the power to pay for development so you don’t need investors, and talent scout you to the next level, so your growth is powerful, not incremental. Johnny has an MIT BA and MBA, studied at Brown and Harvard, and is an award-winning public speaker.
1) Emerging markets and what they mean for the rest of the world
* Dr Thomas Porter - Global Associate Dean, Hult International Business School
* Axel Tillmann - Chief Executive Officer, RVC-USA
* Vanita Shastri - Executive Director, TiE-Boston
* Syed Gilani - President & CEO, TABS Group International & BIZVI Group
2) How exponential growth in mobile devices can propel your business
* Kyle Psaty - PR & Content Strategy Director, Perk Street Financial
* Douglas Carlson - Business Development Manager, Localytics
* Jose Escobar - Managing Principal (Global Strategy & Innovation), Verizon
* Tushneem Dharmagadda - Founder & CEO, Mobinett Interactive, Inc.
3) EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) challenges and opportunities for 2013 and beyond
* Nader Asgary - President, CYRUS Institute of Knowledge & Professor of Management & Economics, Bentley University
* Palle Pedersen - Partner, Muninsight & ex-Chief Technology Officer of various IT companies
* Fady Saad - Co-founder & Chief Marketing Officer, ePowerhouse
* Evan Efstathiou - Executive Director Business Development, SpecTec Group
* Luis Bonell - President, Liberty International
When & Where
Hult International Business School
Hult is the world's most international business school with campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and rotation centers in New York City and São Paulo. Hult continues its rapid ascent in business school rankings, currently ranking in the top 1% of all business schools, including #1 for International Experience and #3 for International Business by the Financial Times, and #21 in the U.S. and #31 in the world by The Economist.