The Middle East and North Africa are scenes of emerging democracy. Culture and tradition are challenged by mobile technology, communications and twitter.
300seats will present:
- An oscar-winning short film that takes an alternative view on the Arab-Israeli conflict
- "Farah" - a local Palestinian student that will share a story on modernity & personal freedom
- A moderated discussion on the role of social+web media
- A tasting menu of regional cuisine (ie. TABOULE, MOUJADRA, etc.)
Moderator + Panelists so far include:
- Saiward Pharr Hromadka | NPR/WRKF radio veteran and lead moderator
- R. Giles Whiting | EVP & COO at BRAC [Saudi Arabia/UAE Economic Development]
- Kevin Langley | Global Chairman at (EO) [liaison w/ Egypt's #Jan25 group]
- Miriam Overton | Philosophy + Religious Studies + Cross-Cultural Relations at LSU
- Rabbi Barry Weinstein | Rabbi at Temple Shalom in Lafayette, LA
Dress: to IMPRESS
NOTE - Tickets are $20 in advance, $30 at the door
When & Where
A tech-powered cultural hub and event series that delivers and fosters film, creative and performance art.