San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come show your skills (or lack there of) on the hard court while raising money for a good cause. Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity Youth United 1st Annual 3 on 3 basketball Habitat Madness!
All proceeds from the event will go towards Youth United's sponsorship of a Habitat house in St. Paul.
Teams are encouraged to rock their best basketball swag and the freshest name in town. Prizes will be awarded for best team name, uniforms and teams that actually win the tournament (not as important).
Games will be 15 mins. long & teams are guaranteed at least 2 games.
Everyone playing must be at least 18 years old, all abilities are encouraged to show their stuff on the court!
Team cost is $45, this includes up to 4 players (3 on the court and 1 optional sub).
Same day registration is also available with cash or check.
Check-in starts at 9 am, games start at 10 am.
Concessions will be available.
1. Register under one captain (up to 4 players per team, 3 on the court at one time)
2. Indicate team name
3. Choose division preference of competitive or non-competitive
If you have questions, please contact Anne at 612-305-7142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity Youth United
Youth United is a program of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), sponsored by State Farm and run by youth and for youth ages 5 to 25. It brings young people together from all walks of life to play active roles in transforming their communities. Youth United mobilizes young people to sponsor and build a house with their local Habitat affiliate. Through Youth United, students gain a better understanding of their communities and poverty housing. All students are engaged in fund-raising, education and advocacy activities and those over 16 help with actual house construction.
The Four goals of Youth United:
* Foster teamwork among diverse groups of youth.
* Educate youth about Habitat's mission through service, advocacy, fundraising and building.
* Encourage collaboration among Youth United members, the affiliate and local community.
* Develop youth leadership through their actions and initiatives.