3- Day Vibration Training Course by
ETS Solutions Asia
Date: 23-2 October 2012
Time: 8.30 – 6 pm
Venue: Mövenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa
Speaker: Richard Baker
Course Fees: SGD 1300 / USD 1100
Dress code : Business
This three day course provides a practical introduction to the subject of vibration testing. Designed around the needs of engineers new to the subject of vibration testing and yet offering a useful refresher course for more experienced users, this course explains how to interpret vibration test specifications and apply them to a vibration test system. Subjects covered are sinusoidal vibration, random vibration, and shock / bump testing together with a background to the equipment required for each type of test, methods of control and simple fixturing. The course puts an emphasis on practical aspects of vibration testing testing - the realities, the problems encountered and the common mistakes which can be made. The course removes the mystery and mystique of vibration testing and replaces it with facts and common sense.This culminates in the opportunity for every delegate to set up and run a complete vibration test on their system.
Richard Baker is an author, mentor and well-known expert in the field of vibration.
He has written “An Introduction to Vibration” which has been in print since 1994. Another invention of his was CASIO FX-730P, now known as VIBKIT. 1000 copies are now being used worldwide for vibration testing.
Richard has plentiful knowledge about vibration testing as he has been in the industry for over 25 years. With his passion for teaching, he has organized hundreds of courses for professionals and novices in over 40 countries. Companies that have had their products vibration tested would have sent at least one of their engineers on his course somewhere in the world.
He started his teaching career in 1962 teaching how to fix and install high accuracy navigational systems for The Decca Navigator company at their training school in Brixham, Devon.
From 1966 to 1986, he was a lecturer and later a training manager for ICL (International Computers Limited). During this period he taught every aspect of large computer systems. (Discs systems, Tape Systems, Printers, Plotters, Data comms, Main frames etc).
From 1986 to 2008, he was the training manager and trainer/teacher for LDS (Ling Dynamic Systems).
He brings with him a wealth of practical experience & knowledge. His famous words to his students: “Untrained Vibration Test personnel are dangerous, not only to the Vibration Test System, but also to the Product Under Test. Mistakes can be very expensive.“ rings true today
Who Should Attend
- Engineers who are new to vibration testing.
- Engineers who are running vibration test systems and wish to improve & have more in-depth knowledge.
- Engineers who write vibration test specifications and need to understand the realities of vibration testing.
- Engineers who design products which have to survive vibration.
- Engineers and technicians concerned with the preparation of test specifications.
- Engineers and technicians who are developing products that later on must be tested with vibrators.
- Engineers about to purchase a vibration test system.
Day 1: Movenpick Heritage Sentosa
· Why Vibration Test?
· Vibration Test System Limitations
· Accelerometers, Conditioning Amplifiers
· Sinusoidal Tests - specification parameters and their interpretation
Day 2: Testing Lab
· Hand on Practical Demonstration
· Basic vibration troubleshooting to advanced analysis. From measurements to deflection shapes and operational modal
Day 3: Movenpick Heritage Sentosa
· Random Tests - specification parameters and their interpretation
· Bump/Shock Tests - specification parameters and their interpretation
· Fundamentals of fixture design
· Advanced analysis. From measurements to deflection shapes and operational modal analysis
· Introduction to GVT/MST testing
· Modal Analysis & Validation
The organizer reserves the right to change the courses agenda without prior notice due to necessary adjustments.
The Course Aims
To enable the delegates to :
- Interpret a sine / random / transient test specification to determine the system requirements and limitations.
- Understand the terminology used in vibration testing.
- Discuss the suitability and practicality of a given test.
- Set-up and run a sine / random / transient test (shock / bump).
- Jig and fixture design
- Real-life examples of testing will be shared during the course
In addition to the comprehensive course note, every delegate will get a complimentary copy of the well known and useful program VIBKIT Plus. This normal price for the program is €140. VIBKIT Plus was developed by Richard Baker to support engineers and technicians in their daily work with vibration systems.
Why you should attend
- To increase depth of knowledge in vibration testing.
- Leadership renewal – prepare your organization's next generation Engineers
- Networking – meet engineers from different industries & share vibration testing tips.
- Ask the Expert – If you have any specific questions you would like our speaker, Mr Richard Baker to answer, please forward questions with subject heading “Course questions” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fees include:
Two (2) coffee/tea breaks daily
A complimentary copy of VIBKIT Plus
Local/Foreign delegates will have preferential rates when booking hotel rooms through ETS Solutions. All room rates include One Buffet Breakfast and Internet Access.
For other enquiries, please contact email@example.com
When & Where
ETS Solutions Asia Pte Ltd
ETS Solutions was founded in 2002 by a team of engineers with a variety of professional experiences in the vibration testing industry. Our success is based on providing affordable systems with the latest technology and providing responsive timely service. Our talented engineering team works continuously on development of new products and improvement of the existing product range. This has enabled ETS Solutions to deliver products in a shorter time period without compromising quality or cost. We have been successful offering products that exceed the specifications of other vibration equipment manufacturers.
Now a major force in the industry, ETS Solutions offers a broad range of vibration testing equipment to a global base of customers including automotive, consumer electronics manufacturers, avionics, aerospace, locomotive, laboratory testing, production quality control, product research and development purposes. We provide consultation, development, project engineering and production with accordance to customer requirements. Our team does installation, commissioning and user training. We offer timely and responsive after sales service from Singapore, Asia Pacific Sales and Support Centre. Installations in more than 30 countries attest to our global position.