How Great Thou ART Publications Presents 3-Day ART Classes
Barry Stebbing, creator of How Great Thou ART Publications, has been traveling the United States and Canada for many years teaching beginning drawing and painting classes to homeschoolers. It is estimated that he and his wife have personally instructed over 60,000 homeschoolers in this manner. The purpose of this course is to inspire students to do good works, to show them that God has given each and every one of them ability to create, and that drawing and painting are learned disciplines. The course includes teaching many of the basic fundamentals of beginning drawing and painting, an introduction to art appreciation (studying the great masters), and new techniques in the use of colored markers and colored pencils.
THESE CLASSES ARE OPEN TO ALL HOMESCHOOLERS IN THE BIRMINGHAM AREA! (Or, those who want to drive here for the class)
3 Day Art Classes:
1. Classes are Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
2. Classes last for 2 1/2 hours each day.
3. Instruction in Art Appreciation, Beginning Drawing, Beginning Painting, & an Introduction to Colored Markers & Colored Pencils.
4. Tuition for class is $32+fee per student and includes the entire three days. The cost will go up to $37+fee for late registrations after Jan 15th. Registration at the door will be $40.
5. Parents are also encouraged to take the class (same price as students).
6. Class are 1:00 pm -3:30 pm.
7. All materials will be provided except colored pencils and colored markers.
Recommended materials will be available for purchase upon registration at a reasonable price.
• Cost of Prismacolor colored pencils:
• Standard set of 12 - $8.00
or (optional) set of 24 - $16.00
• Set of 8 watercolor markers - $4.75
• Each student will need at least a standard set of colored pencils and markers.
**** Five year olds are welcome to take the class but must be attended by a parent. However, if the child is fidgety, lacks motor skills, or is undisciplined, it may be best not to enroll in the program. Generally speaking, 5 year old girls are more mature and attentive than 5 year old boys.
**** There will be a break from 2:45 pm to 2:55 pm. The main purpose for the break is to let the students stretch and to allow parents to wipe down the tables, empty the paint cups, and prepare for colored pencils.
**** There is no charge for parents to be in the class and we encourage this (they will learn from just observing). The only charge is for those who are actually taking the class. Likewise, parents are encouraged to take the class as it is a good confidence booster, they will learn much, and will enlighten them to our methods of teaching art.
**** We will need approximately 5-10 parent volunteers for each class. And, we will offer a discounted registration cost for those parents who volunteer ($5 off early registration). Please contact Kristy at email@example.com to volunteer.
****Ages 4 and under are not allowed in the classes
****If financial assistance is needed, it must be requested via a written letter to How Great Thou ART Publications, Box 48, McFarlan, NC 28102.