2nd North America Somali Diaspora Conference
Friday, November 30, 2007 at 7:30 AM - Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 6:00 PM (EST)
INUU DUUDSIYA RABOW ANNAGU DIIDNAYE OGOW”
The 2nd North America Somali Diaspora Conference Organizers welcome and thank you for visiting the Conference site. We hope you will join us and attend this worthwhile two-day conference on underscoring the plight of the Somali people and forging a united front to peacefully free Somalia from occupation and oppression and to bring a lasting freedom and democracy to the Somali people. We expect an outstanding program including workshops, visual presentation, and distinguished speakers and guests.
The conference will provide good comradery and fellowship as well as an opportunity to share ideas on how to help Somali nation and people in this critical moment. For planning purposes, please complete the online registration form as soon as possible.
Raising awareness on the plight of the Somali people and solidifying the efforts of the North America Somali Diaspora communities.
To unify like-minded Somali organizations inand to consolidate their efforts in order to peacefully free Somalia from occupation and oppression (internal and external).
To form an umbrella organization that would facilitate communication, coordination and collaboration among Somali advocacy, political, and humanitarian organizations of
- To unify Somali organizations in North America committed to ending Ethiopian occupation and establishing a democratic state
- To shed light on the massacre of thousands of Somali civilians and the uprooting of over half-million by the occupying Ethiopian troops and the militias of the Transitional Federal Government (TFG)
- To devise a feasible grand strategy to end Ethiopian occupation and bring freedom, peace, and justice through advocacy, raising awareness, and community mobilization
Expected speakers and guests include distinguished members of the US Congress, highly regarded academicians, think-tank members, human rights advocators, and community leaders and activists.
Friday, November 30 – Saturday, December 1, 2007
Best Western Falls Church
6633 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22042
- Cost of registration - $60 (includes breakfast and lunch on both days). Please register by selecting QUANTITY under Order Now (Choose Pay online with Google Checkout option)
- Lodging - $82.50 per room (double occupancy is also available for the same price) – You will be responsible for your hotel reservation and payment. You must call the hotel directly to reserve your room at (703) 532-9000 and state that you are attending the SCC Conference in order to get the group rate.
It is our hope that all North America Somali Diaspora community members who are committed to ending Ethiopian occupation and establishing a democratic state will attend.
When to Make Commitment:
NOW!! Complete the online registration and payment as soon as possible.
Deadline on Commitment:
The earlier you commit to this worthwhile activity, the better we can plan for registration and accommodations.
Somali American Peace Council (SAPC) – Washington D.C
Somali Canadian Diaspora Alliance (SCDA) - Toronto
Somali Diaspora Network (SDN) - Virginia
Somali Institute for Peace and Justice (SIPJ) - Minneapolis
United Somali Diaspora (USD) - Minneapolis
Pan Somali Council for Peace and Democracy (ISRAAC) - Ohio