2nd Annual Small Business Summit on Security, Privacy and Trust
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
The National Cyber Security Alliance is pleased to host its second Small Business Summit on Security, Privacy and Trust, a special program tailored for small business owners who are committed to enhancing their online safety.
Attendees can hear from leading privacy and security practitioners, including Microsoft, the Better Business Bureaus, ESET, and ADP, who will share insights and solutions about cyber security risks unique to small businesses.
Who should attend?
• Business owners and their leadership teams who want to learn more about protecting their business from breaches,
• Accountants, lawyers and others who consult small business owners (CPE credits available*)
• Employees of small businesses who are responsible for data security.
What will attendees learn?
• What is the greatest cyber risks affecting small businesses are, and what you need to do about them,
• How to protect private data of your business, your employees, and your clients,
• How to use your computer, Smartphone, tablet and other devices to run your business in a secure way,
• How to create a cyber attack contingency plan.
Social: Use #SmallBiz13 to join the conversation
• 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM - Registration, Vendor Showcase & Networking Breakfast
• 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM - Introduction and Kickoff
Speaker: Jim Mottola, US Secret Service Special Agent, CPP
• 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM - Security 101 - Awareness & Education
Speaker: Stephen Cobb, Senior Security Researcher, ESET
• 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM - Break
• 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Is Your Business Prepared for a Cyber Attack?
Speaker: Roland Cloutier, Chief Security Officer, ADP (bio)
Roland is responsible for protecting the data and funds of more than 750,000 businesses and will share insights into today's cyber threats for small businesses and how to create a cyber security contingency plan.
• 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Identifying & Securing Private Data: Tips for the Vigilant Small Business
Whether your business has an online presence or just an internet connection, you probably collect and process a significant amount of private data. This session will help you identify the categories of data you need to protect, and offer basic strategies and resources to manage the risks affecting your business, customer and employee data. Better Business Bureau experts will offer tips to help you comply with the law, protect your brand, and increase trust in your business.
Executive Dir. &
Brought to you by the following sponsors:
*ADP Small Business Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
*Delivery Method: Group – Live
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
Course Level: Basic
CPE Credits: 4
MissionNCSA's mission is to educate and therefore empower a digital society to use the Internet safely and securely at home, work, and school, protecting the technology individuals use, the networks they connect to, and our shared digital assets.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.