2nd Annual Jeans Day: Putting the ZIP on Homelessness
Fairfax Chamber, Fairfax County Office to Prevent & End Homelessness, The Connection Newspapers and Apple Federal Credit Union
Friday, December 14, 2012 from 12:00 AM to 11:55 PM (EST)
The Fairfax Chamber, Fairfax County Office to Prevent & End Homelessness and The Connection Newspapers have partnered to host the 2nd Annual Jeans Day to Put the ZIP on Homelessness. Last year, more than 100 organizations representing more than 3,000 employees participated!
Allow your employees or members to wear
jeans to work on Friday, December 14, in exchange for a $5 employee contribution to the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnership to Prevent & End Homelessness!
This is a great way to engage your employees or
members in community give-back initiative and enable your company or organization to make a meaningful contribution to ending homelessness in our community. Companies and organizations are encouraged to match contributions, but a match is not required.
Fairfax County is so excited about this campaign that Chairman Sharon Bulova and the Board of Supervisors have decided
to issue an official proclamation of December 14 as Jeans Day!
We hope you will consider this very easy opportunity for your employees or members to participate in the robust work to end homelessness going on in our community.
Participation is EASY!
What You'll Do:
- The individual who will be the primary contact for your company/organization should complete your company's registration here, entering all information. If you are a County or FCPS entity, please use the name of your specific agency/entity, not Fairfax County or Fairfax County Government only. Examples: FXCO Office to Prevent and End Homelessness or FXCO Department of Human Resources; FCPS Westfield High School or FCPS Dogwood Elementary.
- Your company/organization should promote Jeans Day to employees/members.
- The primary contact should collect all employee/member donations & match (if available) by Friday, December 14. (See "Submitting Your Donation" below.)
- On December 14, the primary contact should tally the total amount to be donated, take a photo of your employees in jeans, and email both the info and the photo to Chamber VP, Communications Erin DeWaters at email@example.com by 12:00 p.m.
What We'll Do:
- We'll add your company/organization name to participating organizations on this web page.
- We'll include your company/organization name in promotional emails and media outreach about Jeans Day 2012.
- We'll send you a template press release that you may distribute to media to publicize your organization's participation in the event.
- We'll send you a Jeans Day 2012 logo that you can post to your website or social media sites.
- On Jeans Day, we'll create a photo gallery of all our participants' employees/members in jeans and share the link with you.
Submitting Your Donation:
Submitting your donation is even easier this year, thanks to our partner Apple Federal Credit Union! There are three ways to donate:
- Online: Donate through Apple's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AppleFederalCreditUnion, or donate directly through PayPal by clicking here.
- Cash: Cash donations will be accepted at any of Apple Federal Credit Union’s 21 branch locations. Visit AppleFCU.org/Locations for the branch nearest you!
Mention ‘Ending Homelessness in Fairfax County’ to the teller at the time of deposit.
- Check: Checks will be accepted at any of Apple Federal Credit Union’s 21 branch locations. Visit AppleFCU.org/Locations for the branch nearest you!
Make your checks made payable to PEH/CFNCR. Mention ‘Ending Homelessness in Fairfax County’ to the teller at the time of deposit.
You may also mail checks or money orders to: The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region, 1201 15th Street NW, Suite 420, Washington, DC 20005. Reference Homelessness in the memo section.
Questions? Contact Chamber VP, Communications Erin DeWaters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-752-7526.
We look forward to counting your company or organization as a participant in this tremendous community give back program!
If you are not able to participate in the initiative, but would like to make a donation, please click here. Completing the registration process if not necessary.