St. Pat's in Five Points 2015
- Five Points, Columbia SC
Calling all chefs!
27th Annual Chili Cook Off in Five Points
Are you ready to do battle during the 27th Annual Chili Cook Off in Five Points? If so, we are ready to sign you up!
A FEW THINGS TO GET US STARTED!
The Five Points Association is excited to once again host the Chili Cook Off in Five Points. Please remember 100% of the proceeds go to Camp Kemo and the Hope Center.
The Chili Cook Off Committee 2013:
Scott Fleming (Group Therapy), Chair
Christina Fleming, Judge Manager
Bruce Crouch, Production Manager
Jaime Lomas, Chef Manager
Priscilla Young, Camp Kemo Rep.
Amy Beth Franks, Director
Kelly Tabor– Retail Representative
Dave Britt – Music Manager
The Lazy Chef Package! Over half of the entries last year took advantage of this new feature! Those of you who didn’t, probably wished you would have…. Not interested in lugging a tent around? Hate breaking down at the end of the event? Today is your lucky day! For all the “lazy chefs” out there, we have a sweet deal for you. For $75 we will provide a tent, table, 2 chairs, an approved fire extinguisher and a hand washing station for your team. All you have to do is show up with your cooking equipment (and food, of course)! This service is strictly optional. If you are a non-lazy chef, you can bring your set-up!
Chef Headquarters We added a Chef Headquarters to the festival where all chefs and sous chefs will be able to get their own beer (on us!) without having to wait in line. There will also be a private restroom for those who don't have a lot of time to leave your precious chili pot. Talk about perks! This will also be an area if you have questions, you can come there for extra supplies if you run out of bowls, spoons, etc.
MORE SAVINGS FOR YOU! You no longer have to provide bowls, cups or spoons to give out your chili. You will pick up your bowls and spoons during the Chef’s Meeting. All chili should be served in the provided bowls so all portions served will be the SAME. Sample size portions are to be sold for $1. REMEMBER all proceeds from Chili sold will be donated to the event for our Charities.
OFFICIAL PROGRAM We will once again this year have an official event program! To be included you must be registered by October 25th and you may submit a description of you Chili and Team in 150 words or less to email: email@example.com. You can include how many years you have participated, awards you have won or maybe your ingredients.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Rules subject to change pending approval by D.H.E.C. and The Fire Marshal.
Please print out this page and keep it for reference. You need to have a copy of the rules and the schedule with you on the day of the Cook Off.
1. Chili\`chil-ee\n, A blend of meat, tomato sauce, spices, and peppers. Although most Texans would argue that beans belong in a bag, we are not in Texas so the choice is yours. Rice, Pasta, Lamb legs, etc. are welcome additions.
2. Registration and General Information: Please limit your team to three people. (Make your other friends cheerleaders or water boys/girls). We are not going to limit entries, but would ask that each booth take up no more than a 10 x 10 area. You will only receive 3 wristbands for access to the Chef Headquarters tent.
3. Set Up: Your team will have a pre assigned 10x10 space at the event. Please look for your sign when you arrive. NOTE DHEC will be at the event to inspect your setup.
Set up may begin at 9:00 a.m. No Exceptions!
4. COOKING:Your team should plan to bring ingredients and equipment to cook a minimum of 10 GALLONS of Chili NOTE many teams will prepare much more than 10 GALLONS
You will need to provide a Heat Source to cook your chili. Electricity will not be provided leaving heat only in the form of Butane, propane. Heat sources, if you do not already have one, they are readily available at all rental and camping stores. The following are rules from the Fire Marshall NOTE – Fire Marshall will be at the event to inspect.
You must have a 0-220 DEGREE FAHRENHEIT THERMOMETER per DHEC Rules
You must have a type 2A/40BC FIRE EXTINGUISHER. It must be visible, accessible, and mounted with a current inspection tag-I.F.C. 2407 per Fire Marshall Rules (Provided in Lazy Chef Package)
You MUST keep your cooking area and your serving area separated by a minimum of two (2) feet!
Washing your hands prior to handling food is required.
Per DHEC Rules precooking meats or prepping veggies prior to the event is not allowed. All food preparation must be done at the event. We will provide a prep zone where all your food can be cut. Food may only be prepared in the PREP TENT. You must bring containers to carry your food in.
REMEMBER DHEC AND THE FIRE MARSHAL RULES ARE FOR SAFTY REASONS. PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM OR YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COOK.
5. Awards/Judging: Remember, this is a charity event and we will attempt to provide judges with an exceptional ability to contain large amounts of chili. Awards will be given to the Overall Best Chili 1st, 2nd and 3rd. All entries will automatically be entered in the Overall Best Chili category. Beyond that award you may choose a category from the following list. You will be asked to choose a category when you register.
BEST FUNDRAISER TEAM: Fans will be provided the opportunity of voting for their favorite chili via donations. The team with the most money raised by the end of the day will receive a special (and the largest) trophy. All teams are automatically entered for the Best Fundraiser Team – AKA our Mo’ Money Team!!
CHILI COOKOFF SCHEDULE & QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
Schedule of Events
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.