24th Annual Turkey Trot
Thursday, November 28, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Chip-timed 10K Run and 5K Run/Walk
- Non-competitive Family Fun 5k run/walk
- Check-in at the Elks Lodge from 8-8:45 AM
- Start times will be staggered beginning at 9:15 AM
- Every pre-registered participant receives a long-sleeved T-Shirt! (Participants may register the day of the race, but T-shirt that day is ot guaranteed. We'll have them available for pick up at the office in about a week after the race.)
Virtual Turkey Trot
Want to help out CFA and have some fun, but can't make it to race day? Sign up for the virtual Turkey Trot! Run where/when/and how far you want, we'll mail you a t-shirt!
Pre-Race Pick up:
We highly encourage picking your race packet up the week before the race. A special pre-race pick up session will be held on Saturday, November 23 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Cystic Fibrosis Association Office (921 S. 9th St. #115) or on Wednesday, November 27 at the Kirkwood Mall Scheels, outside of the restuarant. We'll send you a friendly email reminder. Picking up your race packet in advance will ease a lot of congestion on the morning of the Turkey Trot. . . and you can sleep a few minutes later!
Overall winners in each category receive turkeys; and the oldest particiapant, youngest participant and the participant who travel farthest each receive a pumpkin pie from Morning Joy Farm and Kitchen!
The top three finishers in the competitive races will receive awards in the following categories:
- 9 and under
- 70 and over
The success of this fundraising event depends on runners collecting pledges from friends, family and co-workers.
The top six pledge raisers have a choice of the following prizes. 1st place has first choice, 2nd place has second choice and so on.
- $300 Target Gift Card
- $200 Target Gift Card
- $200 Best Buy Gift Card
- $100 Target Gift Card
- $100 Scheels Gift Card
- $50 Scheels Gift Card + 3 month membership to AnyTime Fitness
Collect $100 in pledges and your registration fee is waived. Free registration must be made in person at the CFA office during business hours, or mailed in with your pledges. Call (701)222-3998 for more details.
Costumed runners encouraged! Let's see those Turkey hats!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call (701) 222-3998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I update my registration information?
yes, up until the week before the event! (11/21/13)
What is the refund policy?
All sales are non-refundable.
What about the non-guaranteed t-shirts?
All participants will recieve a T-shirt, but a shirt cannot be guaranteed for the day of the event if you register after 11/14/13.
Can I register the day of the Turkey Trot?
Sure. It is reccomended to register in advance, as that makes the day more fun for everyone, but we won't turn away last-minute registrants.
Can I register in person or by mail?
Sure! Online registration is preferred. However, you may mail your registration to CFA, 921 S. 9th st #115, Bismarck, ND 58504 or register in person at the same address.
When & Where
Cystic Fibrosis Association of North Dakota
The Cystic Fibrosis Association of North Dakota (CFA) devotes its time and financial resources to helping North Dakotans with cystic fibrosis (CF) and their families by:
- Assisting with the costs of medications and medical equipment not covered by insurance
- Providing funding for lung transplants
- Coordinating support group meetings
- Providing college scholarships so young people with cystic fibrosis can focus on studies, and not compromise their education because they need jobs to support their educational endeavors
- Informing the public about cystic fibrosis and current research
- Lobbying to protect individuals with CF and their families from undergoing undue hardship and ensuring their right to receive health care coverage.
The CFA is a statewide non-profit corporation. It is not affiliated with any national or international parent organization, nor does it receive any government assistance.