San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
21st Century Printing Sales Skills & Attitudes
Regular Tuition: $245
Special Tuition For GASAA Subscribers — $195
(Must register by 24 July for Special Tuition)
Lunch and Refreshments Sponsored By
A full-day printing sales training seminar presented by Dave Fellman, long-time sales columnist in OnDemand and Digital Image magazines. While he is US-based, this will be the sixth time that Australian printing firms and industry organizations have brought Dave to Australia. He knows our markets, and our culture!
This seminar will cover:
- How To Think Like A Winning Salesperson
- Prospecting In The 21st Century
- Time Management and Organization
- Preparing and Presenting Your Proposal
- Uncommon Solutions For Common Obstacles and Objections
- Negotiation Skills & Strategy
- How To Get All The Value From Every Customer
You’ll find more detailed descriptions of each segment below.
"I have been reading his articles in various trade magazines for many years and it was great to finally meet the man behind the columns. I found the course to be well structured and easy to follow, and very informative." Simon Allaway, Snap Printing St Leonards
Questions? Contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
21st Century Printing Sales Skills & Attitudes:
1. How To Think Like A Winning Salesperson — The first step toward being a winner in sales is to think like a winner, but there’s a lot more to that than motivational books and tapes. This segment details the kinds of things winners think about; not just the power of positive thinking, but the foundations of effective selling strategy.
2. Prospecting In The 21st Century — Prospecting is both an art and a science. It’s an art because prospecting in the 21st Century requires some creativity. It’s a science because prospecting effectiveness can—and should!—be measured. This segment will define a step-by-step, process approach to prospecting, facing each of the many prospecting challenges in turn.
3. Time Management and Organization — TM/O is the subject of a lot of talk, but sometimes not a lot of action. No one questions the need for better time management and organization, but it’s the “how to” that causes problems. This segment will introduce 5 proven ways to improve time management and organizational skills and increase productive selling time.
4. Preparing and Presenting Your Proposal — How do you stand out from the crowd in a quote or bid situation? Part of the answer is to think in terms of a proposal rather than simply a quote. What’s the difference? A quote simply tells the buyer what you’re willing to sell something for. A proposal tells that buyer why he/she should buy from you!
5. Uncommon Solutions For Common Obstacles and Objections — Customers and prospects are really pretty predictable in terms of the objections and obstacles they raise. This segment will introduce strategies for handling the four most common initial objections graphic arts salespeople run into, and several more “later stages” objections.
6. Negotiation Skills & Strategy — When a customer raises a price objection, it’s an invitation to negotiate, but that doesn’t mean automatically lowering your price! In this segment, Dave Fellman will teach how to negotiate more effectively, explaining the three fundamentals of this advanced selling skill.
7. Get All The Value From Every Customer — Each and every current customer represents three distinct levels of value. First is the value of what they’re buying from you now. Second is the value of what they could be buying from you. Third is the value of influence, and the ways in which current customers can help a salesperson to develop new customer relationships. This segment will explain how to protect the first level of value and capture more of the second and third levels.
21st Century Printing Sales Skills & Attitudes is a full day of learning. If you’re looking for maximum training with minimum time away from the field, this is the program you’re looking for!
Dave Fellman is the president of David Fellman & Associates, based in Cary, North Carolina, USA. He has presented keynotes and seminars at printing industry events across the United States, Canada, England, Ireland and Australia. His articles on sales and marketing topics have appeared in a wide range of graphic arts industry publications all aroound the world. He is also the author of Sell More Printing! (2009) and Listen To The Dinosaur (2010), the latter of which was listed by Selling Power magazine as one of its “Top 10 Books To Read in 2010.”
When & Where
David Fellman & Associates
Dave Fellman is the author of Sell More Printing and Listen To The Dinosaur, which Selling Power magazine listed as one of its 10 Best Books in 2010. He has presented seminars and keynotes at industry events across the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia.