21st Century Growth - Encouraging Tech Startups
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
What's the best way to help startups? Policy? Advocacy? Access to finance? Infrastructure?
Digital businesses in Shoreditch, east London, (also known as Silicon Roundabout, or Tech City) and around the country are the job creators and wealth creators of the future, but how do we make sure they continue to grow and thrive?
Coadec are pleased to invite you to an evening's discussion followed by drinks, kindly sponsored by PLMR, on 21st Century Growth and looking at how to encourage tech and digital businesses to develop and grow in the UK.
The panel will be discussing the ways they think digital businesses can be encouraged and more and includes;
- Kulveer Ranger, Director of Environment and Digital London for the Mayor of London (tbc, following local elections)
- Andrew Humphries, Tech City Champion at the UKTI
- Greg McCulloch, MD of Interxion
- Chris Yiu, Head of Digital Government at Policy Exchange
- Jeff Lynn, CEO of Seedrs and Chairman of Coadec
The event takes place in Google's new Campus building in Old Street, in the heart of London’s tech community. Attendees will have an opportunity to see the building and meet some of the startups and entrepreneurs building innovative new businesses based there.