San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
About the Festival:
Now in it's 9th year, the Luna Park Chalk Art Festival attracts over 3,000 artists, students, vendors, and community members for a colorful day in San José's Backesto Park. Artists, students and chalk enthusiasts create over 250 pieces of diverse art throughout the park’s pathways, including original works, classical recreations, traditional Italian madonarri street painting, 3D realistic works, cartoons, modern abstractions, and more.
In addition to the artwork, the festival features a main stage of local musicians, dancers and performers, as well as local food trucks and vendor booths.
- The festival is free to attend and enjoy.
- Artists of all ages and experience levels can purchase a space to chalk at the festival. No experience is necessary!
- Chalk spaces come in various sizes and include soft pastels/chalk.
- K-12 School/youth programs may register for chalk spaces at no cost.
- Arts and crafts vendors, nonprofit organizations and businesses can purchase booth spaces and chalk art spaces.
- See ticket descriptions for details and prices.
- Performers and food vendors who are interested in participating in the festival may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceeds benefit the Luna Park Arts Foundation and support:
- Grants to K-12 schools and youth programs who participate in the Luna Park Chalk Art Festival for their visual and performing arts programs
- Providing chalk materials and outreach artists to local schools and community events
- Providing a colorful community event!
- Providing paid opportunities for artists, performers and teachers
The Luna Park Chalk Art Festival and Luna Park Arts Foundation are 100% volunteer run.
- Please read the ticket descriptions for detailed information.
- We have re-vamped our registration!
- Early bird pricing is available through April 30.
- Chalk spaces and booth placement assignments are now semi-automatically assigned.
- Participants with a booth AND a chalk space will now automatically have both of their spaces in the same area. Whoohoo!
- We are now offering 4'x8' chalk spaces in a landscape format.
- If you want to ensure that your chalk and/or booth spaces are next to another participant/school/class/vendor, you can register together (just select the appropriate qty in the dropdown menu.)
- Schools and vendors who are chalking will automatically get 8'x8' spaces, but are welcome to create a smaller mural within it.
- There are no refunds for chalk spaces or booths in the event of cancellation or bad weather.
Event Seat Map
SCHOOL and YOUTH ART PROGRAMS II
SCHOOL and YOUTH ART PROGRAMS | Chalk Pavement Space(s) (8'x8')
CHALK ARTIST | Small Pavement Space (4'x4' square)
CHALK ARTIST | Medium Pavement Space (4'x8' landscape)
CHALK ARTIST | Medium Pavement Space (5'x7' landscape)
CHALK ARTIST | Large Pavement Space (8'x8' square)
ARTS & CRAFTS VENDOR + CHALK ARTIST | Vendor Space (10'x10') + Chalk Pavement Space (8'x8')
ARTS & CRAFTS VENDOR | Vendor Booth Space Only (10'x10') - No Chalk Space
NONPROFIT | Promotional Booth Space (10'x10') + Chalk Pavement Space (8'x8')
NONPROFIT | Promotional Booth Space Only (10'x10') - No Chalk Space
BUSINESS | Promotional Booth Space (10'x10') + Chalk Pavement Space (8'x8')
BUSINESS | Promotional Booth Space Only (10'x10') - No Chalk Space
Save This Event
When & Where
Luna Park Arts Foundation
The Luna Park Arts Foundation is a group with the mission of promoting and highlighting the importance of the arts in our community by supporting arts programs in local schools and youth organizations; while also creating opportunities to develop the talents of local artists.