2016 Lessons From Abroad Greater DC Area Returnee Conference
Saturday, October 1, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Congratulations, study abroad returnees!
We know you are excited and brimming with stories of your experiences abroad and insights into your host country’s culture. Are you looking for a captive audience with whom to share those experiences, or are you seeking new ways to study, travel, or work abroad again?
If so, then we invite you to attend the Lessons From Abroad Greater DC Area Returnee Conference on Saturday October 1st, 2016, at The Event Space at 641 S Street NW in Shaw.
This is a great opportunity to network with other local and international students and professionals. As such, we ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume. We hope to see you there!
- Meeting other recent study abroad returnees from all over the DC area
- Hearing from dynamic and motivating presenters and panelists
- Learn the insider knowledge on how to talk about your global skills in a job interview - the right buzzwords in the right order
- Meet representatives from both overseas graduate programs and international programs right here in DC
- Meeting and networking with professionals from the Peace Corps, Department of State, Capitol Hill, Fulbright, NGOs, employers, and more
- Having your resume personally reviewed by career professionals with international work experience
Visit http://www.lessonsfromabroad.org/greater-dc-area/ for more information.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Greater DC Area Lessons From Abroad Planning Committee
The Greater DC Area Lessons From Abroad (LFA) conference seeks to help students make sense of their education abroad experience after they have returned home. The DC LFA Conference offers programming, resources, and research that aim to establish a community of learners who successfully integrate their international experience in all facets of their academic, personal, and professional lives. The conference will also provide practitioners in the field of higher education opportunities for collaboration, research and professional development.