2016 Educators' Weekend
Friday, November 4, 2016 at 5:30 PM - Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 4:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Salem State University
2016 Educators' Weekend
November 4th and 5th
The Salem State University School of Education and the Alumni Associations’ Friends of Education are proud to present the first-ever Educators Weekend.
Schedule of Events
Friday November 4, 2016
2016 Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame Induction
5:30 pm Reception/6:30 pm Induction Ceremony
Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Square, Salem MA
$20 per person
Join Salem State University President Patricia Maguire Meservey, the Salem State University School of Education, the Alumni Association's Friends of Education, and special guest Boston Globe Columnist Shirley Leung for our 2016 Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame. The evening includes networking, hors d’ oeuvres and a cash bar.
The 2016 Northeast Regional Educators Hall of Fame Inductees are:
- Rising Star Award: Michael Berry ‘07
- Northeast Regional Educators Award: Robert F. Murphy ’90, ‘01G
- Salem State Alumni Award: Dr. Erik Champy ’89, ‘94G
- Salem State Alumni Award: Kathy Gallo ’83, ‘95
- Dr. Edna Mauriello ’44 Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Mary-Lou Breitborde
Saturday November 5, 2016
The 8th Best Practices in Education Conference
Living, Learning, and Growing in School and Community
7:30 am Breakfast / 8 am Conference
Ellison Campus Center, Salem State University
Best Practices conference, hosted by the Salem State University School of Education and the Friends of Education, brings you experienced and expert practitioners and faculty to engage participants in educational workshops.
Choose from a menu of workshops for PK-12 teachers, leaders, counselors, special educators, support staff, community educators and parents within four thematic strands (mix and match) :
- Strand A: Pathways for Life and Learning
- Strand B: Language, Culture and Connection
- Strand C: The Community as an Educational Resource
- Strand D: Fostering Student Well-Being
Conference Fee: $60 per person includes morning and afternoon sessions, continental breakfast, and lunch with presentation.
- 7:30-8:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:15-9:45 am Session 1 Concurrent workshops
- 10-11:30 am Session 2 Concurrent workshops
- 11:30-12:45 pm Lunch
- 1-2:30 pm Session 3 Concurrent workshops
- 2:45-4:15 pm Session 4 Concurrent workshops
Directions and Parking?
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact the School of Education at 978.542.7448 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.