How much moisture should be expected to be in normal weight, lightweight structural concrete and cellular (foamed) concrete toppings in roof decks and what are the drying behaviors of various types concrete? This presentaion demonstrates how moisture can migrate into and accumulate within roofing systems and how to mitigate this unwanted water.
- Review basic concrete properties with respect to water content.
- Discuss the quantity of water in various types of concrete after placement and curing.
- Review the drying process, the water remaining in a deck at the time the roofing system is likely to be installed, and its effect on roofing systems in different climates.
- Describe historical changes in roofing designs and materials that make current roofing systems more susceptible to concrete moisture.
- Discuss the importance of hygrothermal modeling and engineering analysis in roof design.
Joe Pinon PE, Principal, RDH; Building Science Specialist
1.5 LU/HSW/CEU and 1.5 RCI CEU's can be earned by attending this seminar
Please visit our website for updates: