Minding the Gaps:
Component Integration in Cavity Walls
This program focuses on the Cavity Wall and is a continuation of our ongoing examination of the Building Enclosure. As the industry evolves, manufacturers, designers and constructors have become more interested in understanding the potential for viewing this aspect of the building enclosure as a system rather than adjacent individual parts. We have brought together a group of technically experienced in- dividuals who can help us explore this concept in the effort to correlate performance and aesthetic design goals.
- Review of Components of the Cavity Wall.
- Understanding moisture management within the cavity wall.
- Exploring options for air and weather barrier components within the cavity wall.
- Understanding termination details: wall system to foundation system; wall system to roof system.
- Understanding how the components work together to create a successful cavity wall.
- General discussion of performance testing.
Pamela Hernandez R & D Associate Fellow, Tremco Inc.
David Leslie Director, Bldg Science & Tech Services; Henry Co.
Benjamin Meyer Bldg Science Arch; DuPont Bldg Innovations Moderator:
Michael Lewis Forensic Architect, Facade Forensics
1.5 LU/HSW/CEU and 1.5 RCI CEU's can be earned by attending this seminar
Please visit our website for updates: