San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A brilliant and memorable selection of Premiere short films from around the world await audiences at the gala opening night of the 19th Annual Flickers.
This year’s line up promises to engage and entertain while saluting RIIFF’s unique status: out of more than 7,000 film festivals world wide, the Rhode Island International Film Festival is one of only 19 qualifying Festivals with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences—the Oscars on the short film and documentary short categories. It is the lone Festival in New England with that distinction. To learn more, click here.
Date: Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for Premiere Screening; Gala Soirée begins at approximately 9:30 p.m. Providence Performing Arts Center (PPAC), 220 Weybosset Street, PROVIDENCE.
The full Opening Night line up features (in order of presentation):
• Fulfilament |Directed by: Rhiannon Evans, 7 min. United Kingdom, 2015, US PREMIERE
• Ausstieg Rechts (Exit Right) | Directed by: Rupert Höller, 6 min. Germany, 2015, US PREMIERE
• We Live This |Directed by: James Burns, 10 min. United States, 2015
• D. Asian | Directed by: Sarah Smith, 10 min. United States, 2015,
• Theodora |Directed by Henry Chaisson, 6 min. United States, 2015, World Premiere
• More Than God |Directed by: Kev Cahill, 8 min. Ireland, 2015, US Premiere
• The Baby |Directed by: Ali Asgari, 15 min, Italy, Iran, 2014, US Premiere
•Rest Stop | Directed by: Kate Herron, 11 min. United Kingdom, 2015, World Premiere
•The House Is Innocent |Directed by: Nicholas Coles, 12 min. United States, 2015
• Tarim le Brave Contre Les Mille et un Effets (Tarim the Brave Against The Thousand and One Effects) | Directed by: Guillaume Rieu, 18 min. France, 2014, US Premiere
Music by Harpist, Shelley Otis.
NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED AND MAY SELL OUT AT ANY TIME
When & Where
FLICKERS' RHODE ISLAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF), has secured its place in the global community as the portal for the best in international independent cinema, earning the respect of domestic and foreign filmmakers, filmgoers and trend watchers. RIIFF is widely recognized as a credentialed, industry-friendly launch pad for the work of exceptional emerging talent. This confluence of art and commerce brought together world-class celebrities, award-winning filmmakers, new talent and audience members in record numbers last year. Ranked as one of the top 10 Festivals in the United States, RIIFF is a qualifying festival for both the Short Narrative and Documentary Short Film Academy Awards through its affiliation with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). There are only 6 film festivals worldwide that share this distinction and RIIFF is the only festival in New England.
RIIFF is truly a place where the stars align!
The Main Festival takes place every August and sidebar events occur throughout the year. For more information about the festival, please visit www.rifilmfest.org.