Please note: On-site registration is available at the same cost as advanced registration. We hope to see you!
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
7:45 - 8:45 AM Registration and Vendor Time
8:45 AM Opening Remarks
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Field Tours
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Lunch and Vendor Time
1:30 PM Post-lunch activities:
Special thanks to the Seven Rivers Golf Course Superintendents Association for helping to sponsor this event.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Jason Kruse at 352-273-4569 or email@example.com.
Detailed list of speakers and topics:
1. Dr. Ramon Leon: Preventing escapes of late emerging weed species • The talk will provide a list of weed species that are becoming more prevalent in turfgrass in Florida as a result of the MSMA ban. A description of the biological traits that favor the establishment and survival of those species in Florida turfgrass systems will be explained. Finally, we will discussed the key components of integrated weed management strategies to manage those weed species. Emphasis will be given to the use of monitoring, timing of weed control actions, pre-emergence herbicide use, and integration with cultural practices such as fertilization and mowing.
2. Dr. Phil Harmon: Turf fungicide product evaluation update 2015 • Efficacy data will be discussed for field trials to include leaf and sheath spot disease of bermudagrass. Information about new fungicide products recently introduced into the market will be presented as well. Finally, current trends in samples submitted to the plant disease clinic will be presented with the most common diseases highlighted.
3. Jing Zhang: Zoysiagrass and bermudagrass putting green trial results. • Performance of several bermudagrass and zoysiagrass cultivars maintained under putting grass conditions will be discussed. Emphasis will be placed on growth, quality, and disease and pest susceptibility. Recommendations will be made regarding cultivars that performed well in the trials.
4. Dr. Billy Crow: Turfgrass nematicide trials, 2015 • Presentation will include discussion of results from nematicides trials conducted on several turfgrass cultivars and the performance of differing nematicides treatments and their control of specific nematodes.
5. Kevin Kenworthy - Working with Growers Towards Release of Zoysiagrass and St. Augustinegrass Cultivars. • Presentation will highlight advancements being made in breeding of St. Augustinegrass and zoysiagrass cultivars.
6. Dr. Ken Quesenberry – Advanced bahiagrass breeding trial update • Presentation will highlight advancements being made in breeding of bahiagrass cultivars.
7. Natasha Restuccia – NTEP Zoysiagrass trial update • Regional performance of zoysiagrass cultivars in NTEP trial will be discussed.
8. Dr. Travis Shaddox - St. Augustinegrass responses to Fe, Mn, and Mg sources • Plant response to fertilization with various micronutrient sources will be presented. Emphasis will be placed on the efficacy of various fertilizer sources for each nutrient.
9. Bobby Kerr – Turfgrass rooting • Research investigating seasonal rooting dynamics of warm-season grasses will be discussed.
10. Bernard Cardenas • Overview of soil moisture and evaporation based smart controllers for managing irrigation applications.