2014 VT Agronomy Plus
Tightening up the Ship for Long-Term Success!
Thriving in the new dairy economy requires that managers examine new options to control costs, increase crop yield and quality, and improve animal health. Join us this February as we discuss:
- Practices and strategies to maximize forage yield and quality.
- Optimizing N-rates on corn and forages.
- Understanding your true milk production costs.
- Practices to preserve and improve soil quality
- Calf rearing for more productive cows
- Tile drainage basics.
- Dairy farming “across the pond”!
Attendees will enjoy interactive presentations and discussions with UVM Extension faculty and staff: Sid Bosworth, Heather Darby, Daniel Hudson, Dennis Kauppila, Tony Kitsos and Julie Smith.
CCA credits pending
Feb 6: St. Johnsbury: UVM Extension office, 374 Emerson Falls Rd., Suite. 1, St. Johnsbury, VT
Feb 7: Randolph: Vt. SBDC (Small Business Development Center), 1540 Vt. Route 66, Randolph, VT
Feb 11: Morrisville: Stone Grill Pub & Restaurant, 116 Vt. Rt. 15, Morrisville, VT
Feb 13: Newport: East Side Restaurat, 47 Landing St., Newport, VT
Feb 14: Springfield: Nolin-Murray Center (at St. Mary's Church), 40 Summer St., Springfield, VT
Time (all locations): 10:00 am - 3:30 pm (registration begins at 9:30 a.m.)
Cost: $25 per person
If you need directions, please call 802-751-8307 or e-mail email@example.com
Want Lunch? Please register 3+ days before the event you will attend
If you require special dietary needs please advise 2 weeks prior to event date.
· To request a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Brent Passut at 802-751-8307 or 800-545-8920 by February 1, 2014 so we may assist you.