2014 Vermont CU Golf Challenge
Monday, June 16, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
South Burlington, VT
For the first time in its history, AVCU’s annual charity fundraising tournament benefiting the March of Dimes will take place on a course designed by a modern day golf legend. Vermont National Country Club is a beautiful 18-hole Jack Nicklaus / Jack Nicklaus II Signature Design championship course, the first of its kind in New England. The course layout rolls through 400 acres of open and wooded natural terrain featuring spectacular views of both the Green and Adirondack Mountains.
The tournament entry fee of $150 per person includes greens fees, shared cart, continental breakfast, post-tournament BBQ, gifts, snacks, winner’s trophies and gift cards, and cash prizes for two closest to the pin contests and a putting contest.
- ACE Sponsor ($1300) - includes tournament entry for four golfers and $100 off sponsorship of two holes featuring company logo signs on both tee boxes.
- EAGLE Sponsor ($650) - includes tournament entry for two golfers and $50 off sponsorship of one hole featuring company logo sign on the tee box.
- Hole Sponsor ($400) - company logo sponsor sign on one tee box (no tournament entry, limited availability).
Credit Union Sponsorships
- BIRDIE Sponsor ($800) - includes tournament entry for four golfers and $100 off sponsorship of one hole featuring credit union logo sign on the tee box.
- PAR Sponsor ($500) - includes tournament entry for two golfers and $100 off sponsorship of one hole featuring credit union logo sign on the tee box.
- Hole Sponsor ($300) - CU logo sponsor sign on one tee box (no tournament entry, limited availability).
Because this is a charity fundraising tournament, Eventbrite displays all sponsorships and individual registrations as "free". To maximize the benefit to March of Dimes, online payment is not available. AVCU will invoice your company or credit union directly at the email or mailing address provided during registration.
Once submitted online, sponsorships cannot be canceled; however substitutions for previously registered golfers will be accepted (by email only please) until 5:00 PM on Monday, June 9th.
Because we must guarantee the final number of participants in advance, the registration
deadline for sponsors and individual golfers is Tuesday, June 3rd at 5:00 PM.
- Format: 4 player scramble. Because of the challenge Vermont National CC presents, we're returning to our traditional scramble format. However every team must use three (3) tee shots from each player.
- Giveaways and continental breakfast for all golfers at tournament check-in, plus complimentary light snacks and bottled water out on the course from AVCU’s refreshment cart.
- Our always fun Team Advantage PAC, available for a contribution ($10 per player) to credit union political action. The PAC contains 2 mulligans for each golfer (one front 9, one back 9) and team benefits such as the Vermont cow pie throw and the “giant hole” string. Deciding when to use these strategic tools can make a big difference!
- 2 Closest to the Pin Contests, each with a $100 prize, plus a Putting Contest with a $50 prize. (please note that the same golfer is not eligible to win both Closest to the Pin contests)
- Post-tournament barbecue featuring grilled hamburgers, boneless chicken breasts, rolls, cheese and assorted condiments, salads, and chocolate chip cookies (cash bar available).
- Clubhouse gift cards and trophies for low gross and low net team members.
8:00 ... On-site registration and continental breakfast begins, pick up your giveaway items and Team Advantage PAC! Please be sure to arrive no later than 8:30 to allow plenty of time to check-in.
9:20 … Golfers proceed to their designated holes, followed by a shotgun start promptly at 9:30.
2:30 (approximate) ... BBQ, awards, and prizes
4:00 … Tournament concludes
When & Where
Association of Vermont Credit Unions
AVCU is the state-wide trade association for Vermont's credit unions, providing advocacy, education, information-sharing and fee-based operational services.