2015 A Taste Of Theatre Workshop
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Gwendolyn Brooks Colege Prep, Chicago IL
The After Work Program’s A Taste of Theater Festival is a theater experience to expose, educate and entertain a diverse audience of professional, intermediate and novice playwrights, thespians and production staff members.
Playwrights from around the country will come to showcase one scene of their play for the audience to vote on. Playwrights will receive the following for their participartion:
1. 25 minutes to showcase their play.
2. Playwright must be present to do an interview or speak to the audience about why he/she wrote the play and what they want the audience to walk away with.
3. A Table to Sell tickets to their performance.
4. Full access to the workshops.
5. Full access to both nights of the performances.
7. One year free access to list their plays in A Taste of Theater iphone / Andriod app.
8. Be featured on the TV show A Taste of Theater which airs nationally. The episode will only feature the play being showcased and the playwright.
9. Networking opportunities with playwrights from other areas.
10. Free time to rehearse in the space before the performance.
11. Marketing data for emailing theater watchers. Every person who attends the presentation of the plays votes with their email address. The playwright will walk away with this info to contact them.
12. Listing of your play on the website and promotional materials.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.