2014 Senatobia District Annual Training Event
Saturday, January 11, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Rev. Dr. James A. Harnish to visit the Senatobia District - January 11, 2014
James Harnish, senior pastor of Hyde Park United Methodist Church in Tampa, Florida will speak to the Senatobia District on January 11, 2014 about transitioning from “Membership to Discipleship” in local churches.
Senatobia District Annual Training Event
Saturday, January 11, 2014
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
1890 Mt. Pleasant Road
Hernando, MS 38632
There will be Training Sessions, which target specific Leadership Roles in the church and there will be Breakout Sessions focusing on the five spiritual disciplines that will help us grow in our relationship with God and with others. Participants will have the opportunity to attend two sessions.
Complimentary refreshments will include continental breakfast snacks in the morning. A barbecue or vegetarian lunch will be available for purchase. Advance registration is required.
Free child care for children 0-4 years of age is available by advanced reservation only. Please contact Kris Dorr at Hernando UMC at 662-429-6826, or email her at email@example.com, to make a reservation for your child/children. Childcare reservation deadline is Monday, January 6th, 2014 at noon.
New This Year
'Literature Giveaway Room’ hosted by, District Staff Representative, Cheryl Denley, for churches who ordered too much and want to help smaller churches save money!
‘Cokesbury Room’ hosted by Community Resource Consultant, Lisa Albert, will showcase Dr. Harnish’s books, select VBS materials, children’s resources, discipleship resources, stewardship resources and more.
(as an expression of loving God and loving others)
- PRAYERS Disciples of Jesus Christ engage in daily prayer and study and reflect on the Word of God.
- PRESENCE Disciples of Jesus Christ are fully present in Worship, Small Groups, and in Relationships.
- GIFTS Disciples of Jesus Christ respond to God’s extravagant love through financial generosity to the ministry of the church.
- SERVICE Disciples of Jesus Christ participate in God’s work through gifts-based service in the Body of Christ.
- WITNESS Disciples of Jesus Christ listen to the stories of others, share their faith stories, and invite others to experience the joy of God’s love.
- Church Council
- Safe Sanctuaries