About the Summit
NJBWC announces the 2014 New Jersey Bike & Walk Summit, on Saturday, February 8, 2014 in collaboration with the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Rutgers University in New Brunswick. The NJBWC Summit is New Jersey's statewide meeting of bicycle and pedestrian advocates, elected officials and other township leaders, transportation and urban planners, bike shop owners and managers, cycling, walking and fitness enthusiasts, recreation, trails and club leaders and others who are interested in making our state a better place to live.
NJBWC is pleased to offer you the opportunity to learn more about current state and federal legal and policy issues affecting your community, make you aware of various public funding sources, enable you to network, identify and develop mutually beneficial relationships that can help your community become more bike and pedestrian friendly and therefore, more livable.
- F.K. Day, Executive Vice President of SRAM and the co-founder of World Bicycle Relief will be giving a presentation on the creation and work of WBR in Africa and Indonesia.
- Jeff Miller, President & CEO of the Alliance for Biking & Walking, will present the 2014 Benchmarking Report on Biking & Walking in the United States.
- Bruce Woods, President of the National Brotherhood of Cyclists
Panel sessions and presentations include:
- NAACTO Urban Streets Guide – presentation on this newly released set of guidelines
- Street Smart Pedestrian Campaign – NJTPA’s new program aimed at reducing pedestrian fatalities in New Jersey
- Organizing Fundraising Events – featuring the Gran Fondo New Jersey and the Ramapo Rally
- Morris Canal Greenway Project – presented by the NJTPA
- Creating a School Travel Plan – presented by the Transportation Management Associations
- Creating a Commuter Culture within an Organization – presented by Saris
- Detecting and Counting Bicyclists with Thermal Sensors - presentation by FLIR Intelligent Systems
Registration includes access to all of the day's events, breakfast and lunch. On-line pre-registration is available for $50 per attendee. Registration will also be available at the event for $65. Pre-registration price of $50 ends on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at midnight.
Day-of registration and check-in will begin at 8 am on Saturday morning, February 8. Opening remarks and the plenary will begin promptly at 8:45 am.
Payment may also be made by check; please make checks payable to:
New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition and send to:
NJBWC, Box 140, 551 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ 07043. Checks must be received by Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Registration to the NJ Bike & Walk Summit is non-refundable.
Please join NJBWC for a full day of cycling and walking advocacy, networking, sharing of ideas and bridging gaps across NJ communities. The 2014 Summit promises to be our best one yet!
For questions, please send a note to: email@example.com
When & Where
New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition
NJBWC is New Jersey's state advocacy organization for bike and pedestrian rights.
NJBWC is dedicated to:
PROTECTING the rights and safety of New Jersey bicyclists and walkers
PROMOTING bicycling and walking for fun, fitness, and transportation
EDUCATING bicyclists, walkers, and drivers about our rights and responsibilities
CONNECTING our communities with a smarter transportation system