When will registration open for this event?
Early Registration: Registration will open 2 June 2014 at 1200 PST. The initial registration will allow for the same amount of spots last year, with the same rules. On June 2nd, 90 spots will open (last year these went in 90 minutes!) During this registration each gym will be allowed only one team per division. This registration is the only way to guarantee your gym be represented. We do this to allow for the most gyms to participate and join in the fun. Every gym in this category is REQUIRED to supply a judge until the spots are filled. These judges will get paid $60 per day, be fed, and clothed. Judge spots must be registered for at the time of team registration.
Second Round Registration: On June 16th we will open an additional 60 spots and they will be first come first served. During this second registration each gym may enter as many teams per division as they wish until all 60 spots are gone.
This is going to be the biggest year yet!
If you did the math above then you realized there will be 150, yes that’s 150 teams! This is going to be the most exciting year yet, with teams traveling very long distances, and current games teams thrown in the mix as well. Just as last year, additional advanced spots will be made available for any affiliate that qualifies for the CrossFit Games.™
Show Me The Money!
$6,000.00 cash is on the line this year!!! Those will be some big checks and with a total of up to $10,000.00 of prize values. The best of the best will be coming out of the woodworks!
Where will it be held?
The year’s entire event will be on the East Fields of the stadium. This means we will NOT be in the actual stadium. We are doing this intentionally to run an even better, more intimate, and more creative event. We have removed all limitations by doing this and our vendor village is going to be huge!
How much will the event cost?
- Cost for the first 90 spots will be $300 per team ($75 per member). During this registration each affiliate may only enter one team per division.
- Cost for the second registration and the additional 60 spots will also be $300 per team. This registration is first come first served and you may enter as many teams per division as you wish.
How will the Divisions be decided?
Masters divisions will break down as follows:
- Age requirements for Masters:
- 165 Division means a cumulative team age of 165 years.
- 200 Division means a cumulative team age of 200 years.
- You may compete with anyone from any gym that is in your age group. We are really excited about the mix and match possibilities here!
Novice division will break down as follows:
- All team members must be from the same affiliate affiliate or training/sponsor group.
- To be considered to be “Novice” you will have to have started CrossFit no earlier than August 16, 2013.
- This is the honor system. Coaches you know who is Novice, and who is not. Don’t be that team that shows up with a non-Novice team. Trust us, everyone will know!
- This division is meant to show off your new CrossFitters and for new people to gain invaluable experience.
Advanced division will break down as follows:
- All team members must be from the same affiliate or training/sponsor group.
- Anyone may enter this division. We use the CrossFit benchmarks, Ladies, and Hero wods as guidelines here. Typically, if you have been CrossFitting for over a year you should be familiar with the demands here.
Moxie Madness is in August, there are a lot of things that can happen between now and then, what happens if we have to change team members?
You are not locked in by ANY four team members. If you register with four and bring four totally different members that is fine with us! Just sign up for your appropriate division and show up with you’re A game! Moxie Madness (and everyone competing against you) want you to have the best team that you can field that weekend, you are not locked in to any specific team by any means.