San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for Habitat Women Build 2014 - Saturday, May 10th
Space is limited... reserve your spot today!
No experience necessary!
- Habitat for Humanity’s "Women Build" program, underwritten by Lowe’s, recruits, educates and inspires women to build—and advocate for—simple, decent and affordable houses in their communities.
- Women Build includes women in the construction process, offering an empowering, unique, fun and positive environment for women to give back, and to learn a few construction skills along the way!
- Ventura County "Women Build" activities will include: replacing very old and drafty windows; constructing wheelchair accessible ramps; painting exterior siding; and assisting with general repairs to improve living conditions and quality of life for low-income families.
- Age requirement:
Women Build participants must be 16 or older
- Habitat will provide:
Women Build t-shirt and water tumbler
Snacks, water and lunch*
All construction materials, tools and training
- How to prepare for your work day:
Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable work clothes
Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen recommended
Eat a healthy breakfast... bring a little cash for the "Habitat Store" (optional)
*If you have special dietary needs, please bring your lunch.
- On "Women Build" day, May 10th:
Bring your completed, signed Volunteer Liability Form
(Click on "Volunteer Liability Form" to download a PDF form.)
Arrive promptly at 8:00 am for orientation and training
When & Where
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County
Building Homes, Communities & Hope
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County provides home ownership opportunities and home repairs for hardworking low-income families -- and a "hand up", not a hand out. Since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County, a 501(c)(3), has repaired more than 300 homes and built 56 new homes for families in need. Habitat houses are purchased by low-income families at affordable prices, thanks to volunteer labor, the support of community organizations, donation of land, and Habitat’s no-profit, no-interest mortgages.
- New Home Builds
- Preserve a Home
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Our Vision and Mission
- Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live
- Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope
How You Can Help!
- Donate funds and materials
- Donate your time and skills
- Sign up to volunteer
For more information, visit www.habitatventura.org.