Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
2014 Boulder County Area Agency on Aging Caregiving Symposium
Thursday, May 22, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM (MDT)
An educational event for families and friends of elders
or for anyone interested in caregiving issues
Free respite care (elder care) is available at the event by reservation.
Please call 303-441-1543 to learn more.
Reasonable accomodations will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please contact Julia Yager, ADA Coordinator, or the Human Resources Division, at 303-441-3525 at least 48 hours prior to the event.
9:30 a.m. – Registration Begins; Resource Fair Opens
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Workshops
- The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s – Karen Moravek, MSW, Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter
- Being an Effective Healthcare Advocate for Your Care Recipient – Longmont United Hospital Staff
- Being Responsible for Your Own Well-being: Can You Really? – Dr. Rosalind Bard, Psy.D.
Complimentary Lunch Buffet for Pre-Registered Guests - Available starting at 11:30 a.m.
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Workshops
- Legal and Financial Issues for Family Caregivers of Older Adults – Brown & Ierley, LLC
- The Power of Validation for Persons with Alzheimer’s/Dementia – Jessica O’Leary, MA, Gerontologist, Certified Validation Worker
- Assistive Technology That Can Make Life Easier for Older Adults and their Family Caregivers – Julia Beems, Assistive Technology Partners, UC Denver
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Workshops
- Dealing with Tough Family Issues Related to Caregiving / Family Mediation – Martha L. Ridgway, P.C.
- Helping Your Loved One Stay as Safe as Possible by Keeping as Strong as Possible – To be announced
- When Caregiving Hits Early: Issues of Younger (60-ish) Couples Dealing with Long-term Conditions – Kim Mooney
4:00 p.m. – Resource Fair Closes
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Workshops
- Taking a Break: Respite Resources and Tips for Making it Happen! – Katie Wade, M.Ed., L.P.C., Boulder County Area Agency on Aging
- Caring for a Loved One in an Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing Home – Steven Seay and Erica Corson, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, Boulder County Area Agency on Aging
- To be announced
5:00 p.m. – Event Closes
Alta Vita Assisted Living Memory Care Centre, Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Frasier Meadows Retirement Community, Golden West Communities, HomeCare of the Rockies, Hover Community, Juniper Village at Louisville, The Kapsak Law Firm, Life Care Center of Longmont, Mesa Vista of Boulder, Plan B Home Care Services, TRU Community Care, and Vincent, Romeo & Rodriguez, LLC