Billing Innovators Summit
Monetizing the Disruption
MGI Research Case Study Conference
October 23rd, 2014
Do you have the right monetization strategy?
- Are your customers demanding new, more flexible pricing models?
- Are you trying to transform an existing business into a usage or a subscription-based model?
- Is your current billing solution holding you back? Is it Agile enough to meet modern time-to-market requirements?
- Does your billing approach delight your customers or is it a source of friction?
Come hear executives from industry leaders such as EBay, OpenTable, Concur Technologies, Scribe Software and others share their case studies, discuss winning strategies and identify best practices that are helping them transform billing into a durable competitive advantage.
- Conference Keynote: Billing - From Business Barrier to Key Enabler, Andrew M. Dailey, Managing Director, MGI Research
- Case Study Presentations:
- eBay: Delivering Billing as a Service at Scale, Arvind Komarla, Director of Global Payments and Billing Technology, eBay, Inc.
- OpenTable: Evaluating Agile Billing Solutions, Dawn Marie Couch, Senior Finance Manager, OpenTable.com
- Concur Technologies: Building Scalable, Integrated Monetization Teams, Jesse Mar Chun, IT Manager Product Pricing and Monetization, Concur Technologies
- Pitney-Bowes: Making the Customer Engagement + Billing Connection, Bob Feghali, most recently head of digital services, Pitney-Bowes
- Executive Panel including the founder of Scribe Software Peter Chase talking about role of billing in a business model transformation and Ted Wiethop, CFO of Adeptia talking about the billing challenges of As-a-Service businesses as well as execs from eBay, OpenTable, Concur and MGI Research.
The 2014 Billing Innovators Summit - a Case Study Conferencetm is hosted by MGI Research and is focused on monetization strategies, tools and best practices. You will gain practical insights into how best-in-class companies are arming themselves with Agile Billing strategies and with modern tools to tackle complex monetization challenges. Space is limited - Reserve your seat today!
BENEFITS FOR ATTENDEES
- Learn how leading companies are addressing the need for agile billing solutions
- Receive detailed MGI 360 Ratings on all the major billing vendors
- Go beyond the hype and get unvarnished insights from peers and MGI analysts on the risks, rewards, and realities of implementing and managing next generation billing solutions
- Network with executives, industry influencers, and venture investors
- Get up to date analysis on key market directions, pricing and licensing trends, and implementation best practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Organizations evaluating, implementing or looking to upgrade their billing and finance capabilities
- Companies moving to subscription and usage-based billing models
- 12pm -1pm - Registration and Lunch
- 1:00pm- 1:10pm - Opening Remarks – Igor Stenmark, MGI Research co-founder and Managing Director
- 1:10pm – 1:35pm - MGI Research Agile Billing Scenario - Emerging markets, opportunities and risks, monetization tools and practices – Andrew M. Dailey, MGI Research co-founder and Managing Director
- 2pm - 4:45pm - Case Studies presented by executives from several leading organizations such as EBay, OpenTable, Concur Technologies and others
- 4:45pm - 5:30pm - Executive Panel Discussion with MGI Analysts and leading practitioners
- 5:30pm -6:30pm - Networking Cocktail Reception
The conference will be held at The New York Academy of Sciences - on the 40th Floor of 250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007 - offering panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline. The New York Academy of Sciences is a membership organization with more than 22,000 members in 100 countries. They include research scientists at universities and industry, as well as representatives of business, government, and policy organizations. NYAS Board of Governors and President's Council include 27 Nobel laureates and other prominent leaders of academia and industry, based in New York and around the world.
The conference will address complex business and technology questions such as:
- What are the major classes of billing problems and what types of solutions are needed?
- Can current billing solutions scale up with the business?
- Where are the gaps between the incumbent billing solutions and new suppliers?
- How to effectively evaluate incumbent and new entrants into the billing solution space?
- How do leading companies address complex billing requirements such as for usage-based pricing, revenue recognition, multi-currency, et al?
- What are the most important issues to consider when evaluating potential suppliers?
- Incumbent vs. New Billing Software Suppliers
- Build vs. Buy?
- Cloud vs. On-Premise?
- One vs. Many Solutions?
- How do different suppliers of billing solutions compare and which can fit a particular use case?
- What are the best practices, strategies, tools, skills, resources, funding and suppliers needed to make complex billing a success?
WHY BILLING? WHY NOW?
- A sophisticated and flexible billing capability has emerged as a key, must-have building block of modern technology-enabled enterprise – one that directly impacts time-to-revenue.
- This is the only independent conference designed to help companies of all sizes optimize the evaluation, selection, and implementation of billing solutions.
- Presentations at the conference include an in-depth outlook and scenario for billing and monetization solutions from MGI analysts, presentations of actual business cases, an executive panel discussion focused on key issues of billing strategies and a networking reception.
- This event will deliver high quality, actionable insights to help business and IT executives understand the risks, rewards, and opportunities associated with billing projects today, and to help identify the market leading solutions that are available.
The New York Academy of Sciences is a member of the Club Quarters network. Club Quarters, World Trade Center is just a short walk to the Academy. Use CQ Reservation Password NYAS to reserve your discounted accommodations online. For additional travel information and a list of other hotels near the NYAS, please CLICK HERE.
Recent MGI Research Reports on Billing Solutions:
- Billing Solutions Buyers Guide Part I: Agility
- Billing Systems: 2014 Top 10
- Billing Systems Selections: Key Issues and Common Mistakes
- Top Ten Trends in Billing Software Solutions
MGI RESEARCH BILLING SOFTWARE COVERAGE
The billing solutions industry is undergoing a fundamental shift as a new generation of billing vendors takes advantage of contemporary technologies and threatens to displace aging legacy solutions. With hundreds of interactions with users, a rigorous research methodology, MGI 360 Ratings and analysis of over 35 vendors MGI Research is uniquely positioned to help users; vendors and investors make more informed decisions. Billing solutions market segments include simple recurring billing; ecommerce; subscription; complex enterprise; and telecoms/utilities customer support platforms.
Vendors under coverage (partial list):
- Aria Systems
- Digital River
- Matrixx Software
- Orga Systems
For additional information, please visit www.mgiresearch.com.
When & Where
MGI Research is a strategic advisory firm focused on disruptive trends in technology. Our clients include major corporate IT buyers, technology supplier CEOs, CFOs, and CMOs and the institutional investor community. We help business executives and corporate IT organizations optimize technology strategies, narrow down purchasing choices, speed up evaluation processes and reduce risk and cost through negotiation assistance. We act as a confidential strategy advisor to tech supplier CXOs by helping optimize strategies and tactics and through focus on growth and valuation. We counsel technology investors in generating and validating new ideas. Our offerings include subscription research and advisory services, company ratings, proprietary quantitative tools and indicators such as the MGI Cloud30 Index, company valuation services and events such as the Billing Innovators Summit, SaaS Innovators Summit and Cloud Innovators Summit.