2014 Baton Rouge Parents Magazine -- The Cover Kid Event
Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM (CDT)
Baton Rouge, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Every year, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine looks for 50 area children who have what it takes to be a Cover Kid for the upcoming year. The Cover Kid Event will once again be host to Birthday Bash as we celebrate. It's a big event, and this year’s will be the best ever.
So what is The Cover Kid Event?
The Cover Kid Event is the annual extravaganza where children are selected from the community who, for the next twelve months, will either appear on the cover and/or within the pages of Baton Rouge Parents Magazine. It is not a beauty contest, a talent show or a model casting. We believe that Cover Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, and abilities. Children with special needs are encouraged to participate, and accommodations will be in place.
What should my child wear to the Cover Kid Event?
Whatever they want! They don't have to dress up in any special attire, and it is best for children to wear clothing in which they feel comfortable. Cover Kids are selected based on a variety of factors, and what we are really looking for are everyday kids who have that special sparkle.
What do Cover Kids do?
Cover Kids will either appear on the cover and/or within the pages of the magazine such as in advertisements, special promotions, fashion layouts, and in featured articles. All Cover Kids will also become ambassadors for the magazine with opportunities to attend various events with us throughout the year, participate in fashion shows, and volunteer in our community.
Do you have any tips for my child?
Yes-allow your children to be themselves! We strive to make the children very comfortable with a relaxed conversation and environment.
Who can be Cover Kids?
All children between the ages of 18 months and 17 years are eligible regardless of shape, size, or abilities.
How to Enter
PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. NO PHONE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED. A separate form is required for each child. No refunds. Walk-in registration begins at 9:15 a.m. day of event. There are a limited number of time slots available for walk-ins. First come, first served.
1. Register online at www.brparents.com or send in accompanying form via fax or email. Payment must be submitted with form. All pre-registrations will receive an email with an assigned audition time and ID number on the label. KEEP THIS EMAIL.
2. Present your email at the pre-registration table 15–20 minutes prior to your child’s assigned time.
3. The day of the event, times will be announced every 15 minutes. When your child’s time is called, proceed to the stage. Your child will walk across the stage and be briefly interviewed. NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE. A staff member of BRPM will take your child on stage. Approximately 15–20 other children are assigned to the same time.
4. Each child will receive a card on stage indicating if they are to return that afternoon for final call. Approximately 150 children will be given a call-back card. Call-backs will take about an hour.
5. At the final call, 40–45 children will be announced as the 2014–2015 Cover Kids. Paperwork and pictures of the finalists will be completed at that time.
When & Where
Baton Rouge Parents Magazine
Family Resource Group Inc. is the parent company for Baton Rouge Parents Magazine and Baton Rouge Expecting Baby. Louisiana's state capital is home to more than 96,000 families and is listed as one of the top 10 cities in the South with dual-income families with children. Of these households, 70 percent are home to children whose parents are dual-earners with busy schedules and lives. That is where we come in--to help them find information about the products and services they need for their families.
Ask anyone why they like the Baton Rouge area and one comment among the various responses will be, "Baton Rouge is a great place to raise a family." Parents here know they can rely on a wide selections of safe neighborhoods, an award-winning parks system, superb health care and numerous youth sports programs.
It is no secret that families with children need more of everything...more clothing, more health care services, more food and more entertainment. The goal of any business is to find and influence the primary decision makers for purchases. Parents are willing and able to buy your products and services. That's why businesses target parents and families--and receive the highest return on their investment and the most effective way to reach parents in the Baton Rouge area.
Our publications cover multiple parishes. We are your best choice for the family market.