2013 VT Agronomy Plus
Thriving in the new dairy economy requires that managers examine new options to control costs, improve crop yield and quality, and improve animal health. Join us this January as we discuss:
· Reducing feed costs by limiting ‘shrink’
· Soybeans and ‘snaplage’ production
· Finding success with high forage diets
· Low-cost soil nutrient management
· Maximizing forage yield and quality
· Modern vaccination programs
· The new Farm Bill and risk management
· Other locally relevant topics.
Attendees will enjoy interactive presentations, discussions, with UVM Extensionfaculty and staff: Sid Bosworth, George Cook, Daniel Hudson, Tony Kitsos, and Pam Smith; Rick Kersbergen (UMaine Extension); Masoud Hashemi (UMass Extension); Carl Majewski (UNH Extension); and guest speakers will include Limin Kung, Jr., (U Delaware), Bill Kipp (Independent Dairy Consultants), and local vets. Speakers will vary by location.
CCA credits pending
Jan 8: Morrisville: Stone Grill Pub & Restaurant, 116 Vermont Route 15, Morrisville, VT
Jan 10: Randolph: Vt. SBDC, 1540 Vermont Route 66, Randolph, VT
Jan 17: S. Deerfield, MA: UMASS Crop & Animal Research & Ed. Ctr, 89-91 River Rd.
To register for S. Deerfield Call Mallory: (413) 545-5221
Jan 18: Springfield; Holiday Inn, 818 Charlestown Rd., Springfield, VT
Jan 22: Derby: The Derby Cow Palace, 3111 U.S. Route 5, Derby, VT
Jan 31: St. Johnsbury: The NEW UVM Extension office, 374 Emerson Falls Rd., Ste. 1
St. Johnsbury, VT
Time (all locations): 10:00 am - 3:30 pm (registration begins at 9:30 a.m.)
Cost: $25 per person
If you need directions, please call 802-751-8307 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Want Lunch? Please register 3+ days before the event you will attend
If you require special dietary needs please advise 2 weeks prior to event date.
· To request a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Brent Passut at 802-751-8307 or 800-545-8920 by January 2, 2013 so we may assist you.