Join us this summer to learn more about the world of speech-languge therapy and make a difference in the life of a child! Use this application to apply to intern with us.
To apply, you must:
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and prepared to have fun!
- Complete an application and phone interview (interview will be within four weeks of receiving your complete application).
- Provide two letters of reference and one additional reference contact (may use attached reference letters, or references may compose their own).
- Must be able to attend the two mandatory training sessions (see dates) at St. Gabriel’s Catholic Church (corner of Sharon Amity and Providence). More information will be sent prior to this date.
- Must provide certificate of completion of CPR class that includes CPR for children. Most local Red Cross affiliates and your school teach these classes. Training must be completed PRIOR to the start of camp. If your certificate isn't yet ready (often takes a few weeks), please provide a letter from the instructor stating completion date.
- You’ll need transportation, lodging and access to the Internet and email. Intern hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30-2:00, with Fridays off. Bring a bag lunch.
- Housing is available at UNC-Charlotte for about $500 for the entire four week summer camp. Click here for more information on the housing.
- Must be enrolled as a second year graduate student (for speech-pathology or audiology) on or before Fall 2013 and authorized to receive clinicial hours by your university with this organization. Supervision will be provided by an ASHA-certified SLP, in accordance with ASHA Code of Ethics, and only SLP hours will be awarded. Usually, the university requires a contract between the university and TSGI signed before beginning the internship. Even if your school's clinic director 'places' you with us, an application is required (note school placement on form).
- Get many ASHA therapy hours in a few short weeks- 64 therapy hours for the entire summer, in addition to preparation time.
- Must provide proof of liability insurance prior to start date. Insurance is available from www.proliability.com for the student rate of $35.
- No application fee. Only pay fees for your background screening (included in this application) and t-shirt (paid later).
- In-home housing (with a Charlotte family) may be offered free of charge (if available). Indicate your desire on the application and we will try to accomidate your request.
- May obtain up to 64 hours of observation of interaction with of children with delays/disorder or typically developing children (this may count toward observation hours required for some programs)- check with your school or call for more information.
- Must have completed at least two years of undergraduate work (be a rising junior).
- Undergraduate interns will assist with therapy, as well as assist in development of materials for class. Duties will also include planning and teaching.
|Training Day 1 (required)
||Friday, June 28||9am-3pm|
|CPR Training (can opt out if currently certified)||ON YOUR OWN|
|Training Day / Workdays (required)
Monday & Tuesday
possible July 3
|Open House (required)
|Required Camp Dates (required)
||July 8 -August 2
|Camp Staff hours 8:30am-3pm|
Ready to commit? Complete this application!