2013 SAVANNAH WIENER DOG RACES http://savannahnow.com/wienerdogs
Saturday, October 5, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
If you have not filled out registration forms for your dog,
Online race pre-registration is recommended.
- Registration check-in opens at 8:30 a.m. Races will start around 10 a.m.
- If you've pre-registered, you'll still need to check in at the desk.
- Advance registration fee is $20 and includes race and one T-shirt. All dogs must have current vaccinations and be on a leash (except while racing). Advance registration ends at Noon on Sept. 30.
- Owners must be responsible for their pets while at the race site and come prepared to pick up after their dogs. Trash cans will be available.
- Dogs will run in heats of 10 dogs each until all registered competitors have raced.
- The winners of the 10 fastest heats will race in a final heat, and trophies will be awarded to the top three finishers.
- During the heat, all dogs must have an assistant at the starting gate and one at the finish line.
- Judges' decisions are final.
ALSO: At least one non-competitive heat will be for mixed-breed dachshunds, the Almost Wiener Run. Registration rates will apply.
Costume contest for wiener dogs after the 7th race heat of the day. Prizes will be awarded; on-site donation to Dachshund Rescue North America to enter.
Owner-dachshund lookalike contest after 14th race heat of the day. Prizes will be awarded; on-site donation to Dachshund Rescue North America to enter.
Check http://savannahnow.com/wienerdogs for regular updates!
Follow @SAVWienerDog on Twitter for updates and more.