Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
If you have not filled out registration forms for your dog,
Online race pre-registration is recommended.
- Registration check-in opens at 8:30 a.m. Races will start around 10 a.m.
- If you've pre-registered, you'll still need to check in at the desk.
- Advance registration fee is $20 and includes race and one T-shirt. All dogs must have current vaccinations and be on a leash (except while racing). Advance registration ends at Noon on Sept. 30.
- Owners must be responsible for their pets while at the race site and come prepared to pick up after their dogs. Trash cans will be available.
- Dogs will run in heats of 10 dogs each until all registered competitors have raced.
- The winners of the 10 fastest heats will race in a final heat, and trophies will be awarded to the top three finishers.
- During the heat, all dogs must have an assistant at the starting gate and one at the finish line.
- Judges' decisions are final.
ALSO: At least one non-competitive heat will be for mixed-breed dachshunds, the Almost Wiener Run. Registration rates will apply.
Costume contest for wiener dogs after the 7th race heat of the day. Prizes will be awarded; on-site donation to Dachshund Rescue North America to enter.
Owner-dachshund lookalike contest after 14th race heat of the day. Prizes will be awarded; on-site donation to Dachshund Rescue North America to enter.
Check http://savannahnow.com/wienerdogs for regular updates!
Follow @SAVWienerDog on Twitter for updates and more.