2nd Annual San Francisco Bay Area
Common Core State Standards Summit
Realizing the Common Core
CCCOE is pleased to welcome keynote and featured speakers:
William McCallum, lead writer of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics
Dr. McCallum is a University Distinguished Professor of Mathematics and head of the Department of Mathematics at the University of Arizona. Born in Sydney, Australia in 1956, he received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Harvard University in 1984, under the supervision of Barry Mazur. After spending two years at the University of California, Berkeley, and one at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley, he joined the faculty at the University of Arizona in 1987.
Deborah Sigman, Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction for the California Department of Education
Deborah Sigman plays a key role in the development of California's assessment system, and in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC). She has served as California's lead to SBAC since June 2011, and in 2012 she was appointed as the co-Chair to SBAC's Executive Committee.
Engaging Breakout Sessions Include:
- SMARTERBalanced Assessment Panel
- Technology Integration and the CCSS
- California Mathematics Framework
- ELD Standards
- CCSS ELA Instructional Practice Guides
- ELA/ELD Framework Updates
When: October 29, 2013
8:00 a.m – 4:15 p.m.
Where: The Crowne Plaza Hotel
45 John Glenn Drive, Concord, CA
Cost: $100 per participant
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided
non-refundable; substitutions gladly accepted;
space is limited; be sure to register early!
To Register: Use the registration box at the top of this page.
See the payment options below.
1. To pay by check or purchase order: click on the "Show other payment options" text link (below the Register button), then click on the Offline Payment button and follow the instructions provided.
- Please make checks payable to: Contra Costa County Office of Education
- Please mail checks to: CCCOE, attention Marsha Tokuyoshi
77 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
2. To pay by credit card: click on the Register button and follow the instructions provided.
For content information please contact:
Marsha Tokuyoshi, ELA/Common Core Coordinator
or call (925) 942-3385
For registration assistance please contact:
or call (925) 942-3356