Green Ribbon Schools Award Conference in Massachusetts
Massachusetts will be participating in the 2013-2014 U.S. Department of Education’s Green Ribbon Schools program.
- Learn about the comprehensive approach we are using in Massachusetts to create "healthy and green" schools.
- Meet 2012 Green Ribbon Awardees & experts who can mentor your school staff and students.
- Hear how your school can apply.
- Gather valuable and useful resources.
Space is limited!
In keeping with the collaborative nature of Green Ribbon Schools, we encourage you to attend as a team (at least 2 people from your school or district)
For assistance with registration: Al Vega, email@example.com or 617-825-7233 x21
8:00– 8:30 am: Registration and light breakfast
8:30-9:15 am: Welcome
Dr. Daniel Asquino, President, Mt. Wachusett Community College
Commissioner Mark Sylvia, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
9:15-10:30 am: Striving for Excellence: U.S. Dept. of Education’s
Green Ribbon Schools Award Program
Overview of the Green Ribbon Schools program:
1) Reduce environmental impact and costs:
2) Improve health and wellness of students and staff:
3) Effective environmental and sustainable education:
Panel Presentation– Green Ribbon Schools in Action
10:30- 12:00 Break-out Informational Sessions on the 3 Pillars