2013 Labor and Employment Law Update: "Challenges Facing Employers in 2013"
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
THE FARRELL LAW GROUP & DEWITT STERN
Challenges Facing Employers in 2013
1. New Legislative & Regulatory Changes For 2013
- Religion Dress & Practices and New Breastfeeding Rights
- Social Media & Personal Passwords
- New Paystub and Personnel File Rules
- Written Commission Agreements Required as of Jan.1, 2013
2. New Court Decisions Impacting Employers
- Meal & Rest Period and Off-the-Clock Claims post-Brinker
- Continued Threat of Expensive Wage & Hour Class Actions
- Representative Actions Under PAGA – Very Costly!
- Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims on the Rise
- Wage & Hour Exposure Remains Significant!
- Calculating the Regular Rate of Pay
- Seating Requirements & Travel/Training Pay
3. DOL, IRS and Dept. of Labor Standards Enforcement Audits
- Independent Contractor v. Employee – Huge Penalties
- Exempt v. Non-Exempt Status Creates Big $$ Exposure
4. Compliance Tools Are Essential in 2013!
- Handbook Updates, Best Practices & Documentation Tips
Complimentary valet parking – pull up in front of hotel entrance on J. Street.
CE CREDITS: 2.5 HRCI recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR
Registration 9:00 a.m. Program 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Breakfast Included
COST: $50 per person, (This annual legal update is complimentary to existing clients of the Farrell Law Group and DeWitt Stern.)
REGISTER NOW! Space is limited so reserve your seat today