2013 Kayak Merrymeeting Bay: Androscoggin River to the Bay
Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
Bath, United States
Kayak Adventures in Merrymeeting Bay
Enjoy unique educational explorations of Merrymeeting Bay and its tributaries. Each four-hour trip will explore a different area, topic or tributary of the Bay. Paddle, solo or tandem, alongside seals and sturgeon while osprey and eagles soar overhead for an experience you won't forget.
These expeditions are lead by Seaspray Kayaking guides and narrated by members of local environmental organizations.
No previous kayaking experience is necessary and disability accomodations are available. Paddle solo or with a partner. All necessary equipment is provided: kayak, paddle and PFD. Paddlers should bring appropriate clothing, water and lunch/supper and a camera.
Directions to the launch site will be e-mailed before the date. Paddlers will meet at a Kennebec River location in the midcoast area.
This program is made possible thanks to the sponsorship of the Merrymeeting Bay Trust and the collaborative efforts of the Kennebec Estuary Land Trust and Maine Audubon Society.
When & Where
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River