GEMI’s 2013 Member Meeting #3 will be held on November 12-14 in Memphis, TN and it is being hosted by FedEx. Below you will find information about the meeting as well as basic logistics so you may make your travel plans. Below is the schedule for the meeting and this links to the DRAFT AGENDA.
NOTE: ALL meetings will be held at the FedEx Corporate Learning Center located at 920 W. Poplar Avenue, Collierville, TN 38017, which is a short drive from the hotel where a block of guest rooms has been reserved (details below). The hotel will provide a shuttle to/from the meeting (times TBD)
MEETING AGENDA / SCHEDULE:
- Tuesday, November 12: GEMI Supply Chain Work Group @ 12:00pm - 5:00pm CST: The GEMI Supply Chain Work Group will be meeting to continue to work on the development of the GEMI SCS tool. NOTE: There will be a group reception at the hotel following this session.
- Wednesday, November 13: GEMI Network Meetings @ 9:00am – 5:15pm CST: The Water Sustainability, Sustainable Buildings/Energy Management, Climate Change will be meeting, More information on these sessions will be provided in the DRAFT agenda that will be distributed next month. NOTE: we are seeking member presentations for these sessions. Please contact Amy by October 23 if you are willing to give a company case example
- 6:00pm: DEPART hotel for evening hosted by FedEx
- 7:00pm-8:30pm dinner at Central BBQ. Ranked in the top 3 BBQ restaurants in Memphis since 2003 and has taken top honors 10 times. Central BBQ is also a certified Project Green Fork Restaurant meaning it contributes to a sustainable Mid-South by helping reduce environmental impacts, with a focus on strengthening homegrown restaurants (http://projectgreenfork.org/).
- 9:15pm-10:15pm FedEx Global Operations Control Center (GOCC) tour – The GOCC exercises command and control of the FedEx Express line-haul system while achieving safety, service and efficiency goals. These are the guys responsible for managing not only our worldwide aircraft movements, but also our entire truck fleet.
- 10:45pm-12:30am FedEx Memphis World Hub tour – Join us for a behind the scenes tour of the FedEx World Hub. The Memphis World Hub is the oldest and largest facility in the FedEx Express network. The hub in Memphis is strategically located near the heart of the continental United States, providing overnight service to the entire nation and many key international world markets. FedEx Express has made the Memphis International Airport the second busiest cargo airport in the world as the hub connects customers to more than 220 countries and territories on six continents.
- Thursday, November 14: GEMI Forum Day #3 @ 9:00am – 3:00pm CST: GEMI Forum Day #3 will focus on "GEMI Member Experiences in Practicing Environmental Sustainability". The day will be comprised of several themes focused on provocative, current topics that members have identified so breakout groups can brainstorm and lend expertise, a Workshop Exercise using the GEMI mini map from the 2012 SAC meeting, and interactive scenario playing. NOTE: we are seeking member presentations for the Forum as noted on the agenda. Please contact Amy by October 23 if you are willing to give a company case example
- MEETING LOCATION: The meeting will be held at FedEx's offices located at.... There will be a hotel shuttle scheduled for trips to/from the meeting location.
- HOTEL INFORMATION: A block of rooms under "GEMI" at the rate of $89 has been reserved UNTIL NOVEMBER 1 at the Four Points by Sheraton Memphis - Southwind 4090 Stansell Court, Memphis, TN 38125 Phone: (901) 309-3020
- AIRPORT INFORMATION: The hotel is approximately 20 miles from Memphis International Airport (MEM). NOTE: this hotel DOES have airport shuttle service -- please contact the hotel directly for more information
When & Where
GEMI is a global leader in developing insights and creating environmental sustainability solutions for business.